MKS EcoBoost = Fast

blacksrt

Established Member
lol that trap is about 6 mph too high or ford highly underrated the power....

Thrust

Established Member
Regardless if the traps are correct or not, the fact is with a tune these cars will be very interesting!

76mmsaleen

Established Member
There is no way it is trapping 111 mph! That's faster than the 03/04s

I figured something in the 105 range
why would car and driver lie ?and i know alot of things faster than a 03/04 cobra...NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING...but technology is comming along faster..:beer:

95_XB331

Established Member
111 says wheel spin, cause when he tires hook, your already moving and it should be easier to add power. AWD biased to the front says bog and bogging at the start is much harder to gain momentum than spin.

Believing the latter, there's no way it's doing 111. Unless someone added a MBC... hmmm...

Heck I usually end up doing a 116-118 trap with a 2.4 60ft on 10psi 331 spinning in 1st and 2nd.

But you can't deny it, ecoboost has huge promise. Enough that if the going gets worse, Ford could drop Coyote.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
...Ford could drop Coyote.
no chance in hell. they've invested far too much money into it to just drop it. not only that, but it's also already designed for direct injection, which raises full economy ~30%. i just wish ford would release it straight up with DI instead of waiting a few years. the 6.2l has also been designed to accept direct injection in the future.

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
Wife wants to replace her minivan. I keep trying to put her off until August when the SHO Taurus is supposed to hit the showroom floors......

Users who are viewing this thread