"MJ's IRS Brace" now available for PREORDER

Please vote

• I have ordered the brace!

Votes: 77 68.1%
  • I will be ordering the brace soon (before the 7th)

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Even though I said "yes", I'm now backing out :(

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Going a different route

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
BlowinShaft, if you lost any more weight, you'd be transparent :bored:

*shakes his fist and throws the P166 down the stairs*

do you have another P166? :p

Blown306

Established Member
Doug and MJ,

I tried to install the brace on the Bird this afternoon, and I wanted to report my findings to you for future reference. The brace WILL NOT fit a factory T-Bird rear cover (as tested on a '93 LX V8). The cover design is a little different and has some support castings that get in the way and keep the bottom holes from lining up when the top bolt is in place. I tried grinding a notch in the cover, but too much material would need to come off to make it work. Made it to about 1/8" of fitting :(

However, it WILL fit the Mark Viii covers with no problem, as they are more like the '99 Cobra cover in design. It's a nice brace, once I have the '99 Cobra pumpkin in the Bird, the brace will have a happy home. Until then, it's benched.

Hope that was good info you can use...e-mail or PM me if you need more detailed pics of the interference. If you want to tap that market, a small design change would make it work on all the T-Bird covers.

Dcdanger

Outstanding customer service, resolved a shipping error by UPS in two days, these guys rock. Will be installing it this weekend onto a 93 Mark VIII, thx Blown306 for checking the fit on the Marks.

Dave

VENOM650R

Established Member
For those of you in the Dallas area, wanted to let you know that Doug Stanley Ford in DeSoto (contact Ronnie Greer @ 972-223-8050 X145) installed MJ's IRS Brace in my Cobra today. They were able to do it with only removing the passenger side catback and there was no binding with the new bolts. They did a great job and are now obviously familiar with this mod. This is a nice brace and I'm glad I don't have to worry any more about cracking the diff cover.

doubleblack

Established Member
are you guys ever gonna have another group buy...I tried ordering mine from the Westcoast (san diego) and the price already jumped to $200 before it hit midnight here...

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Just a heads up I got mine installed no problem. Didnt even have to drop the exhaust! Easy install on a quality part. Thanks!

TRBO VNM

I still need to install mine. I was at a shop last weekend and saw one installed and it was black. I wish I would have known we could order them black instead of red.

oh well, as long as it works.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
I still need to install mine. I was at a shop last weekend and saw one installed and it was black. I wish I would have known we could order them black instead of red.

oh well, as long as it works.

Any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread