missing under boost

Cobra80

Established Member
My car just started missing under boost in 4th gear or higher. 1-3 is fine. I changed the plugs, but it is still doing it. I am assumung it is a coil going bad. Is there a way to figure out which one it is without waiting for the computer to pick it up, which it has not yet done.

ModularFan

Established Member
My car just started missing under boost in 4th gear or higher. 1-3 is fine. I changed the plugs, but it is still doing it. I am assumung it is a coil going bad. Is there a way to figure out which one it is without waiting for the computer to pick it up, which it has not yet done.

have you tried pulling one of the coils out to see if it changes the ideal.

Cobra80

Established Member
I have NGK tr6 .32 gap, the person who owned it before me had some auto lite race plugs with a .55 gap, so i am sure the coils have been worked over. Should I just get a set of after maket coils? the car only has 49k on it.

Cobra80

Established Member
this would make much more since than a plug going out because i can actualy hear the charger stop and start. Thank you I will check it out!

Cobra80

Established Member
I recently had the car tuned by PSI Motorsports, they should have bypassed the need for this kit correct? Maybe they did not and i can swap it to test it. Others say that you should not do it due to over heating the blower etc.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I recently had the car tuned by PSI Motorsports, they should have bypassed the need for this kit correct? Maybe they did not and i can swap it to test it. Others say that you should not do it due to over heating the blower etc.

Don`t do it.This quoted from 96stanggt
''The bypass is designed to allow the blower to bypass the air from going through the rotors when you're not in boost. You want that to happen, it keeps your blower from getting too hot. The tuner can do it the proper way which is disable in when you go WOT so it doesn't open and leak boost, but allow it to open when you're not WOT.''

Cobra80

Established Member
I just bought 2 new ones and swaped #1 and #2 then took it out put it under a load in 4th gear, that did not fix it so swaped them to #3 and #4 and that was it, no more missing under a load.

Users who are viewing this thread