miss America pegeant for fat chicks, Miss America PLUS

Kurt Busch

#1 CRYSTAL PALACE FAN
Established Member
Longitude: 122° 18' 50" W / Latitude: 47° 49' 16"
Port Orchard Woman Aiming To Become Miss Plus America

July 25, 2005

By John Sharify

She wants to help get the word out that she's proud of her 'plus' size figure, and that America shouldn't obsess with a thin image.

PORT ORCHARD - Everyone's heard of the Miss America Pageant. But did you know there's actually a Miss 'Plus' America Pageant as well?

It's this weekend in New Orleans, and size 6 women need not apply!

We caught up with a size 18 woman who represents Washington State.

And Carissa Daniels wants the world to know she's proud of her 'plus' size figure. That's not all she wants the world to know.

"I think we need to be healthy," Carissa Daniels says.

Daniels is troubled with the images of perfection that bombard us every minute of every day; super models in magazines with super bodies on television, and in reality shows.

Never mind it's not all real. The pictures in magazines are touched up, to make the women look even thinner.

What is real, this year's Miss Washington Plus will tell you, is the effect America's obsession with thin has on our body image. It's that feeling that our bodies don't measure up. Carissa Daniels felt that way for years.

"I have actually been anorexic and bulimic and that was part of the reason I made the decision that in order to be healthy, what I needed to do was throw out the scale," says Daniels.

"Weight is not important to me, but I'm a size 18," she laughs.

A size 18 and proud of it. For this 48-year-old Port Orchard woman, it's not about winning the title, it's about sending a message we don't get in the magazines. It's a message she wants her 11-year-old daughter Dani to hear.

"In fact, there have been times when she's looked at me and said: 'Mom, am I fat?' And I've looked at her and tried really hard to stay calm at that point," says Carissa Daniels.

That's one reason Carissa Daniels wants to be crowned this weekend as Miss Plus America, because she wants to spread the message: Thin isn't in!

For more information about the Miss Plus America Pageant go to www.MissPlusAmerica.com.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/38165.htm

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
In a related story, the real Miss America contestants have all disappeared. Unconfirmed sources report that they were eaten by the Miss America Plus contestants.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
"we need to be healthy" :lol: As if size 18 is any healthier! Anorexic isn't healthy, but fat around every one of your major organs and enough cellulite to fill a size 18 dress has to be un-healthy. I guess if I ever feel un-attracted to my girlfriend, I can tune in to the cow-pageant to get all appreciative and thankful.

03Cobra_hopeful

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ?
Established Member
sharkall2003 said:
I hate fat women.
+1

nofatchicks.gif

Last edited:

Steeltwo

Established Member
anyone else notice a few things

those wands are TINY
the skinniest chick won

and holy crap those are some huge bitches

DET_SVT02

Established Member
I read the average weight for American women is 174 at the average height of 5'5" and size 14. Thats just disgusting. I love the lies of "im proud of being plus sized." Yeah right. Also damn them for wearing the clothes they wear, I dont want to see that nasty crap try to escape out of those small tight shirt and ugh...mini skirts :xpl: :xpl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
DET_SVT05 said:
I read the average weight for American women is 174 at the average height of 5'5" and size 14. Thats just disgusting. I love the lies of "im proud of being plus sized." Yeah right.

It's all in how they carry it my friend. I've seen several 14's in my lifetime that still have that womanly figure. Key word here, womanly figure. The little cannonball 14 won't cut it. 14 may be pushin' the envelope but I've seen a few pull it off with a good amount of junk in da trunk. :thumbsup:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
DET_SVT05 said:
I read the average weight for American women is 174 at the average height of 5'5" and size 14. Thats just disgusting. I love the lies of "im proud of being plus sized." Yeah right. Also damn them for wearing the clothes they wear, I dont want to see that nasty crap try to escape out of those small tight shirt and ugh...mini skirts :xpl: :xpl:

:uh oh: 174 pounds!?!?!? WTF. The rest of the world must absolutely love to pick on how fat our country is. When I picture a 174 pound women who is 5'5'', I see Rosie O'donnell. Some girls can't help it, but most that I know just eat too much, and don't burn anything off. Exercise is something they talk about but never participate in. They always say that the're going to do something about it, but everyone knows theyre full of s..t. Oh well, fat ones need love too.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Are they gonna have to come up with different questions now? "What's your favorite Italian food dish?" and "What would you wish for if you could have ANY kind of food?" I wonder what they'll substitute for the swimsuit contest. Varicose vein contest? I know I'm going to hell for that, but I think it's interesting how THEY'RE slamming US for promoting a healthy image.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
wally9404 said:
as long as their arms dont stick straight out when they walk there not to fat for me.!!
That reminds me of that kid all bundled up on that old movie "A Christmas Story".

Users who are viewing this thread