Misc Questions

blackbolt2003

Established Member
I tried the search feature and didn't find much on the L.

I'm looking for replacement inside door handles for my 03 L. The paint is peeling. I had an Ebay store bookmarked who sold chrome versions, but they aren't for sale anymore.

Also, I occasionally hear this annoying rattle in my passenger side door. Any ideas?

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
What's crazy is when I first sat in a brand new 03 Lightning at the dealer I had thought the inside door handles where actually aluminum! LOL was I duped when my handles started peeling at only 8500 miles on the OD! And it was the less used passenger side that started peeling first! :-D I wish there where actual aluminum replacements.... are the chrome ones actually chrome or chrome stickers that will peel off like like the stockers, lol. :-D

blackbolt2003

Established Member
What's crazy is when I first sat in a brand new 03 Lightning at the dealer I had thought the inside door handles where actually aluminum! LOL was I duped when my handles started peeling at only 8500 miles on the OD! And it was the less used passenger side that started peeling first! :-D I wish there where actual aluminum replacements.... are the chrome ones actually chrome or chrome stickers that will peel off like like the stockers, lol. :-D

I don't know. For $70 you would think they would be real chrome. Does anyone know?

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
someone needs to get theres off, and send them to a CNC machine, get them bad boys cranked out and sell the hell out of them. i know im game for buying a set.

now, who do we know with a CNC machine?

NSSVT

Established Member
i would buy a set too, as my passenger side door handle has been peeling since i bought the truck in 2006.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Not to hi-jack, but why does the rear slider window make noise? Is there a fix for it?

My 03 (and 2000) never did it. My 04's rear window rattled off the start when I first got it but just stopped rattling out of nowhere? :shrug: (I open and close it nearly every day).

BTW, I read over on NLOC that the chrome handles are the same as the stockers (plastic underneath).

Last edited:

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
They were going to be around $500 per set because of the relatively low number that could be sold.

$500 for door handles? For that price you'd have to have each Lightnings build number and date with a SVT logo milled into the handles. Or maybe they could just say "Lightning" with the same font as the front fender badges. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread