Misc Mustang stuff available at Summit Point

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
wheelhopper.... I'm probably going to have the entire car sprayed...cheaply. There is a little rust on the leading edges of the fenders. It doesn't have to be perfect....but all one color would be nice. :)

Maynor... The Mustang is a great choice to go tracking with, and it really comes down to what you want to drive that makes you happy. For me, the choice was fairly simple. Happiness = Lots more seat time. I wanted to go to a lot more events than I could afford to with my Cobra. There aren't many cheaper cars out there with rear drive, and I considered using my 98 BMW 328is as that choice, but with that car having 215k miles, I thought it wouldn't quite stand up to the beating.

So, I got this thing. It hasn't been an easy transition, but I'm starting to get the hang of driving it.

Maynor

Established Member
Troy, I understand completely. I'm not totally happy with the Mustang choice but I've got too much in it now to justify another platform. The "Happiness = Lots more seat time" equation is king in my opinion.

I usually go to events with my brother who has now switched to an N/A 98 recently gutted to save weight, BMW M3. Drop dead reliable car. Unmolested engine and drivetrain.

I probably spend as much time in his car at events since my car usually goes down for some reason at least one or twice an event. Usually, related to boost. I've always been envious of that just show up and drive ability versus my prissy, pissy beast.

I love the power but I love the seat time way more than the power in the end. I'm stuck for now. You made a smart move.

Users who are viewing this thread