Misc Mustang stuff available at Summit Point

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I have some miscellaneous stuff that I'll have with me at Summit Point this weekend.

1 set of front galpher pads for 00R brembo, new.

I have a complete set (fits front 00R brembo and stock rear caliper) Carbotech AX6 pads....used, but with more than half life left.

I also have another complete set of stock galphers, with stock cobra rear pads, with about 50% life left.

I'll let all the pads go for 180 bucks at the event.

I also have a silver BF 100mm idler, with very little wear with me... Taking offers.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Troy, what kind of shape are the Brembo calipers in? I would'nt mind putting those on my '95R to give it some better than factory brakes while still keeping it an "R" part.

What do you want for them and would I be able to simply mount them in place or would I need anything else to make them work?

TroyV

Established Member
I just read my post back. I suck at writing ads.. I have the pads that fit those calipers....not the calipers themselves. Sorry.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
BAIT & SWITCH!!! :nonono:

Troy, I sold a set of pads there 2 years ago. Just put them by the classroom with a sign. Someone will need them, you know that. :rockon:

TroyV

Established Member
Yeah.. just look for the black Miata with the red roof that you'll be passing 3 times a session.

That'll be me. :)

DSC_3390.gif

Chris Yates

Established Member
I have a set of like new Carbotech XP12s (PRBs) for $100. Ping me if you want me to bring them down. I also have a set of PBRs off a 2003 Cobra, pm if interested.

Chris

TroyV

Established Member
I'm sure I can arrange that, as long as you're cool with having to sit in a stock seat and a four point. The sub strap can't make the trip around the front or through the rear crease, so I didn't bother installing it.

Hey...BTW: The address for the tech form is not working. Which form do we need to download? The one off of the Track Guys main site?......and if so...do we need to bring all the other forms as well. Track Guys has a few of them.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jeff told me Track Guys Tech form is correct.
Probably don't need any others, or Jeff would have said.

And I'm fine w/ 4 point, of you're fine with not hitting anything. :D

Chris Yates

Established Member
Greg,

If you want the feel for Troy's Miata, you could hop in my car and I can pull four of the plug wires. Oh wait, that would still give me 2x the HP, make that 6 of the plug wires. ; )

Troy - On the drive down tomorrow let's practice you giving point bys. ; o

TroyV

Established Member
While we are at it, we can practice you keeping your car on the pavement.....Prick

Greg, give me a couple of sessions to get my bearings and we should be good to go.

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Of course I completely forgot to pull that stuff out to put a sign on it. That's probably because my car was doing non stop session after session after George's Z-06 broke.

So here's the tally in case you were curious. The car saw 18 total sessions over the two days. It consumed 15 gallons of fuel during that time, and logged 420 track miles.

28mpg on track.

The pads that were in it were almost gone, and I replaced hem with a back up set that weren't much better, and it got through the weekend and all the way home.

So the car traveled 1044 miles pulling the hotdog cart to and from Boston, and then got the shit beat out of it for two days.....and I think some of you will agree that it was a pretty good showing. I probably pointed by a half dozen cars all weekend.

...completely unexpected....by me most of all. In the dry on saturday, I was running the bowl at just over 70mph......crapping my pants the whole time.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Of course I completely forgot to pull that stuff out to put a sign on it. That's probably because my car was doing non stop session after session after George's Z-06 broke.

So here's the tally in case you were curious. The car saw 18 total sessions over the two days. It consumed 15 gallons of fuel during that time, and logged 420 track miles.

28mpg on track.

The pads that were in it were almost gone, and I replaced hem with a back up set that weren't much better, and it got through the weekend and all the way home.

So the car traveled 1044 miles pulling the hotdog cart to and from Boston, and then got the shit beat out of it for two days.....and I think some of you will agree that it was a pretty good showing. I probably pointed by a half dozen cars all weekend.

...completely unexpected....by me most of all. In the dry on saturday, I was running the bowl at just over 70mph......crapping my pants the whole time.

No wonder you changed the seat back. :bash:

I too was amazed at the potential and durability of the Miata on Shenandoah. I'm sorry we never hooked up.

I think it shall now be known as the Iron Miata! :bowdown:

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
It wasn't, but I know the car that was. It is a 1.8 powered gutted car owned by the former owner of mine. The red roof is sort of his signature thing.

...which is why I can't wait to get this one sprayed black. :)

wheelhopper

Established Member
^ you should have said something. We could have used a nice Krylon satin black on Saturday in between sessionas.

Users who are viewing this thread