Mill Creek Mafia's HP TURBO 93 Cobra Install Pics & Vid Clip

racerbox77

Established Member
If my A9L fully advances to 26 degrees and I have it set at 12 initial then it would be 28 full advance right? If that is correct with 108 octane and 13 psi thats what I run.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
LOL, man i've been getting so much crap about that, you have no idea... THE REASON THE HOOD IS NOT PAINTED IS BECAUSE I'M PAINTING THE CAR COMPLETELY BLACK AGAIN THIS WINTER. I will not paint the hood twice just so I can make a bunch of internet people happy for 3 months. :) the smile makes that ok. but anyhow on another note..... I am having issues with my turbo xs dual stage boost controller i bought from a friend. i've been running like 16 psi for 2 days now at 13* timing.. not by choice, it just won't adjust properly. With that low of timing the car seems to take the boost with ease, but still feels like a turd with the 3.08. getting 3.55's put in, in the morning and hopefully working out the boost issues i'm having then off to the race track on saturday afternoon for some test and tune.. it's CJ Pony night at beaver springs dragway.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
:lol: That's what I'm here for, the official seal of approval from svtperformance... :lol:

I'm actually very envious, I'd love a turbo setup for my ride.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
get one it's pretty cool i think. going to the track today, i'll be back tonight hopefully with good news... The turbo is a lot different from the old s-trim setup.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
get one it's pretty cool i think. going to the track today, i'll be back tonight hopefully with good news... The turbo is a lot different from the old s-trim setup.

My 89 only had gears, exhaust, and a S-Trim, and it was a blast to drive! I drove it cross country as my own car, and beat on it daily for over a year until I bought a second car down here in FL.

1slohawk

Established Member

billy you have got to bring that thing down here when I get mine out again so we can line up the 2 turbo cobras:) lol. let me know what you run today I'm hopeing to get mine to the track before the end of the season.

Mike

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
well.. i went to the track tonight and lets just say i blew the **** up LOL... Well the night started out good. When i got to the track, I have the car setup at 7psi wastegate spring, and 14* total timing. To say the least, the car was in pussy mode. I got there let the car cool down made a pass, and went 11.8 @ 123mph. my 60' was 1.9 which was gay. I made another pass and for some reason my car shit the bed, i hit rev limiter in 4th and the car just went pop and shut off. i coasted the rest of the way down and it started back up and everything was fine. Well next pass i go down and i hit rev limiter in every gear. i went 11.70 at 123 with a 1.7 60 foot. I was watching my tach, and for some reason rev limiter kept going off at 5900rpms even though i have a 6200 pill in it which leads me to believe my MSD is about junk. so next pass i'm about half bored and i figure i'm going to hook my boost controller up... even though i know it's ****ed up and gives me random boost or infinate boost sometimes. so i hook it up and take the car out on the high way to make a test pull real quick and then come back in the lanes. everything looked fine i saw around 10-12psi. well i came off the line and it felt like i was a rocket ship, but bout 3/4 way down the track the head gasket let go (god knows how much boost i was getting at this point) and i came acrossed the line and went 11.6* at 122 or so i think. I was doing 97 in the 1/8th. Videos will be up soon.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20503290

there's the low quality video from my passes yesterday.

get-attachment.asp

get-attachment.asp

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Very respectable! Ashame it ended the way it did but now you can rebuild it better and faster. In the second to last race against what looked like a clone saleen fox, do you know anything about his power adder or combo?

1slohawk

Established Member
well.. i went to the track tonight and lets just say i blew the **** up LOL... Well the night started out good. When i got to the track, I have the car setup at 7psi wastegate spring, and 14* total timing. To say the least, the car was in pussy mode. I got there let the car cool down made a pass, and went 11.8 @ 123mph. my 60' was 1.9 which was gay. I made another pass and for some reason my car shit the bed, i hit rev limiter in 4th and the car just went pop and shut off. i coasted the rest of the way down and it started back up and everything was fine. Well next pass i go down and i hit rev limiter in every gear. i went 11.70 at 123 with a 1.7 60 foot. I was watching my tach, and for some reason rev limiter kept going off at 5900rpms even though i have a 6200 pill in it which leads me to believe my MSD is about junk. so next pass i'm about half bored and i figure i'm going to hook my boost controller up... even though i know it's ****ed up and gives me random boost or infinate boost sometimes. so i hook it up and take the car out on the high way to make a test pull real quick and then come back in the lanes. everything looked fine i saw around 10-12psi. well i came off the line and it felt like i was a rocket ship, but bout 3/4 way down the track the head gasket let go (god knows how much boost i was getting at this point) and i came acrossed the line and went 11.6* at 122 or so i think. I was doing 97 in the 1/8th. Videos will be up soon.

damn you had to blow it up to get out of running me... j/k

Users who are viewing this thread