Mill Creek Mafia's HP TURBO 93 Cobra Install Pics & Vid Clip

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
Well guys I bought this kit last weekend and put it on this week. I must say that the kit went together very smooth! Everything fit great. Now I just need to get my mufflers hooked up and then i'm in business. Enjoy the pictures, if you have any questions please ask, i don't mind answering even the dumbest questions :)... oh by the way, the MSD mounted on the Radiator.. that was for my gangster test and tune out on the highway. I was having what i thought was spark blowing out, but it turned out to be a rediculous rich condition. after i took out crazy amounts of fuel all over everything came to life!

VIDEO LINK:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20028423

TurboKitInstall001.gif

TurboKitInstall002.gif

TurboKitInstall003.gif

TurboKitInstall004.gif

TurboKitInstall005.gif

TurboKitInstall006.gif

TurboKitInstall007.gif

TurboKitInstall008.gif

TurboKitInstall009.gif

TurboKitInstall010.gif

TurboKitInstall011.gif

TurboKitInstall012.gif

TurboKitInstall013.gif

TurboKitInstall017.gif

TurboKitInstall018.gif

TurboKitInstall019.gif

TurboKitInstall020.gif

TurboKitInstall021.gif

TurboKitInstall022.gif

TurboKitInstall024.gif

TurboKitInstall025.gif

TurboKitInstall026.gif

TurboKitInstall027.gif

TurboKitInstall028.gif

TurboKitInstall029.gif

TurboKitInstall030.gif

TurboKitInstall031.gif

TurboKitInstall032.gif

TurboKitInstall033.gif

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
also to add... seems the only things that i had a problem with was i had to customize the clutch cable bracket to keep it off the header, the down pipe is smashed a little to make it clear the starter area. it's a 3.5" dp though. the passanger side header, well the bolts were pretty tough to tighten, they could have been made a little better, but only one i couldn't get as tight as i really wanted. As for the cutting of the fender area. Not a big deal. I tried to be as acurate as i could, but since i didn't have any type of instructions to even tell me where to start i just guessed. It actually turned out really well, could have been a little better, but i'm not bitching at all. I do recomend though if you buy one especially an hp used. get the newer style header that mounts the turbo at an angle like mine. If it mounts straight up you'll have to cut a lot more and it will look like hell.. no offense to anyone else out there who has that by the way. As you notice I did this withouth A/C though, It probably would have caused some issues with the intercooler, I can't be sure though. I'll be heading to the track next saturday at beaver springs dragway for CJ Pony Parts Night at the track. it's 5pm to 9pm. maybe I might see some of you there if any of you live in PA.

drkhrse

Established Member
how did you tone it? i got ~50 more hp form my super charged cobra by getting it dyno tuned.

SOunds SICK!! :rockon:

Last edited:

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
If you mean how do i tune it, i use a (PMS) Programable Engine Management System from anderson ford motorsport. That's the purple box you see in the one picture. As far as tuning goes, it took me about 30 minutes to get the tune down to decent. I'm still seeing about a 10.8:1 on the wideband, but due to the LOUD exhuast i stopped making passes that night so i didn't get arrested. I'm going to try and bring it down to about 11.8:1 at WOT and i should be doing pretty good. I'm gong to throw some timing to it as well. I haven't added timing at all yet. I'm setting at 13* total timing at WOT I'm probably going to bump it up to around 16* for this weekend and see how that works out. i'll be posting video of the track after saturday.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the downpipe goes down and under the passanger side header? Thats interesting. I don't think I've seen it done that way on a 5.0 before.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
thanks guys.... Kevin, the down pipe goes down then crosses over to the drivers side under the crossmember. The cam that is in the car right now is a regular old F-cam... :)

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
The entire bottom end is bone stock. I'm running about 8-9 psi right now on wastegate... i'm going to bump it up to 15psi when i get the boost controller, and maybe even crank the boost up to 18.. probably won't get tht high this weekend though since it'll be my first time out. The kit cost around 4700 if i recall from hp, not to mention the wait for one is over 4 months. :(

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
i'm sorry big typo... i was thinking about pushing the timing up to about 18* however my buddies car is 10:1 and he runs 15lbs all day and see 20lbs a few times... i know it sounds nuts, but that's how it was built.. his spout is locked out at 14*

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
however my buddies car is 10:1 and he runs 15lbs all day and see 20lbs a few times... i know it sounds nuts, but that's how it was built.. his spout is locked out at 14*

Not on pump gas. I don't care what your timing is at, 10:1 isn't going to take anything over 10 lbs (and even that's a stretch) on pump gas. Sorry dude, I'm calling :bs: on that one. If he's running alcohol injection obviously that's creates the possibility.

My 8.5:1 turbo car couldn't take 15 lbs even if my timing was at 0.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
LOL I hear what you are saying and i would be arguing the same exact side of this except is saw this with my own eyes. I tore the motor apart when a head gasket blew what i assume was due to the 70lbs of torque the origional owner thought was good enough on the head bolts and the fact that it's a 10:1 motor. Victor Jr. Heads. 60cc chambers. and a standard 302 piston which i believe was speed pro, don't quote me on that because my memory is trash. We called summit with the part number off the piston and he told me with a 60cc cylinder head with those pistons that motor was 10:1. he was positive. I'll ask my friend what pistons they were a little later and get back. but he is running pump gas, no meth. he's poor he's lucky to buy 93 octane these days lol. The block is O-ringed by the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread