Mileage errors on Carfax report....

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just filed a claim with Carfax, but I'm not holding my breath. They stated I might need documents to back up a claim. But what possibly can I provide other than pictures showing the condition of my car? Maybe I can send them the Auto Check one?

The first two pictures are from Auto Check. You can see the mileage going from 19,000 to 199,000 in one months time! Clearly it should have been 19,900 miles. The third picture is from Carfax. Just states possible rollover and not mileage after the 21,000. Kind of a joke.

The whole reason this came up is because I emailed a dealership on a low mileage 90 white GT and for kicks asked if they do trades. They ran the Carfax report, I did the Auto Check report before I bought the car. They stated with the Carfax decrepancy on mileage they wouldn't do a trade.

It would be nice to just get this corrected. But I honestly don't think anything will get resolved. I could clearly see the mistake on the Auto Check report. But does Carfax seriously just put a potential rollover on the odometer without listing all the recorded mileage?
917ec10524b9da85c801a7edc311d77c.jpg
7bced3d92123684b75f683cea1c98ee2.jpg
33facfa5e1c8071f5883b760a02831a2.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Carfax removed the 199,000. They still have the number of owners wrong, but I never mentioned that.

So just curious what facts did you have to provide and did you also have to have a CarFax account to notify them to get things in motion?

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
^ same question + how easy is it to get ahold of someone? Phone call? email? etc

I have always wondered how things go if they have bad information. The kids at the tire shops and such are often just punching in numbers and don't really care about how it will latter affect things.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So just curious what facts did you have to provide and did you also have to have a CarFax account to notify them to get things in motion?
Basically, I just went on Carfax website. They have a link to click on pertaining to potential issues. It was basically by email. They said more documentation might be needed, but I only provided them with the Auto Check report that I showed on this thread.

The error was quite obvious, as no one would be putting on 180k miles in one month.

They then provided me a link through email that shows my cars Carfax report that the issue was fixed. I can look at this report for 10 days.

Honestly, they took care of the problem really good.

802506f568fd290ee9d7ad150ffb05fd.jpg
b878811c780603ef6d5381da34d65093.jpg
ea651c4f2451da7e83eeffbb3dacfece.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've got to say that I'm surprised how easy and quickly you got it fixed, Brady. Nowadays, customer service is a big hit and miss adventure everywhere. Nice that you did get it fixed!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've got to say that I'm surprised how easy and quickly you got it fixed, Brady. Nowadays, customer service is a big hit and miss adventure everywhere. Nice that you did get it fixed!
That was my thought exactly. I honestly wasn't holding my breath in getting it corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread