MIL Elim...quick question

MikeRS1981

Established Member
That's what I don't understand, BAMA turned it off in their tune, and it was good for awhile, but then the code came back up again....

Predatorbird

Established Member
Double check with Bama To make sure they turned off the sensors. You should have the tuner so you can check it yourself and change if necessary.

Are you sure the code is for the rear o2 sensors? I got a code for my fronts and it turned out to be the Bassani X causing the issue. I switched to a UPR o/r X and it solved my issue.

MikeRS1981

Established Member
I still have the tuner, but there isn't an o2 option to turn off. I'm pretty sure that it's only written into the tune right? And not opening up the option for you to turn them off .

MikeRS1981

Established Member
So I called Bama, and since I am getting code PO430, that it's the passenger side o2 sensor failing, and that I don't need the eliminators. Why is the computer still reading a sensor failing if they are turned off in a tune ?

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
It might be faulty MIL eliminators. I had a off-road mid-pipe on my old GT and was throwing a code for catalyst inefficiency and when I put the MILs on that code went away and a code for a bad O2 sensor came up. I took the MILs off and the code for a bad O2 sensor went away and the catalyst inefficiency code came back.

Users who are viewing this thread