Might sell my Teal already...

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
How many miles are on this car and what type mods are on it?

The mileage is about what is in the odo, I haven't driven it since I took those pics except to the storage unit (7 miles or so roundtrip?) where its sitting now.:shrug:

Minor mod list is as follows, I'll seperate what it had, and what I have done...
Had:
3.73s gears
Hurst shifter
Bassani X pipe with cats
Flow Master cat back system
K&N box filter no silencer (if Cobras had em)
BBK progressive rate springs
Chromed stock wheels with like new 245/45 tires, even though I don't think they are a great brand (Visa?)
What I did:
New cap and rotor, fresh Motorcraft plugs, and Motorsport Racing 9MM wires with wire looms
Bassani ceremic coated Equal length headers ($505) with ARP SS bolts. They fit with no mods or banging like the Macs did on my old car. Have stock crap headers and bolts in box)
Redline ATF fluid in transmission
FMS Racing AL driveshaft (still have stocker)
I removed the back isos and quads to smoothen out the ride, have those in box and can put back on if wanted or give in box, lol
MGW shifter with orange or billet handle. I have both, but only one goes with car as other one goes on my 04.
I have an Anderson cam in a box I just had polished. Its supposed to be great with GT40s and 1.7RR. Cam specced at 218/228 with .510/.512 lift and a 112 LSA.
I also have a BRAND new CA Car Cover, $335 bucks, still new in its bag, hadn't gotten around to putting it on the car yet since car is dusty from storage.

I think that is all I can remember, car is cherry. It has a dent on teh back hatch under the wing, and the wing is scathed above it. Not sure what the hell happened, but that is the worst of it. I can get close up pics of it if desired. Has a few scrapes on front bumper, but no tears. Sheetmetal looks perfect, just needs to be washed. I will get new pics of it this weekend.

Also, I can take the mods off of it that I added and sell seperate if wanted more stock...

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Would you be interested in selling it? My paint sucks already, but at least it will keep the dust off of it.......lol! PM if you think you might wanna seperate it from the car sale.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
If I had the room alongside my own 35k mile Teal 93, I'd buy it. As you see,
though, I have enough "horses" as it is. You ought to save the 93 if one has
to go as there is no comparison if just the collectability were any criteria.....
and looks are hands down on the 93's side. YOU WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES
AS TO WHAT YOU HAD AND SOLD IT!!!!!!!

'vettes are a dime a dozen and plastic as well. At one time there were 4993
93 street Cobra's: with a conservative estimate, 1 in 3 have been totaled leaving you a UNIQUE, disappearing Fox 5.0 Cobra which will leave the other Cobra "in the dust" in most every aspect except possibly in the 1/4.

HANG ON TO THE 93!!!!!:rockon:

What else can I say:shrug:

(OOPS, my "horse list" isn't on this site. 64.5 HiPo coupe, 66 A 09, 82 GT
w/T-tops, 86 SVO and the 93)

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
Vettes are really fun to drive, but the mustang is just very raw. No active handling or computer controlled get you out of trouble if your a bad driver software, just plain and simple, you either know how to drive and can handle it or you can't. I have both and I can honestly say that often times I look forward to and enjoy driving my modded 91 Notch over my 02 Z06. Notch makes way more power than my Z and that's probably part of it, but the Mustang for me is a purpose built car that can be driven hard with no regrets. Nothing else quite like it for me, unless and ofcourse until the twin turbo set up makes its way under the hood of my Z.

All of your cars are sweet. I say keep them all and takes your girl's Vette out when you need that type of a fix. As far as handling and power are concerned, you have a great platform to work with in your Terminator.

Either way, I hope you make the decision that is right for you. Good luck.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Vettes are really fun to drive, but the mustang is just very raw. No active handling or computer controlled get you out of trouble if your a bad driver software, just plain and simple, you either know how to drive and can handle it or you can't. I have both and I can honestly say that often times I look forward to and enjoy driving my modded 91 Notch over my 02 Z06. Notch makes way more power than my Z and that's probably part of it, but the Mustang for me is a purpose built car that can be driven hard with no regrets. Nothing else quite like it for me, unless and ofcourse until the twin turbo set up makes its way under the hood of my Z.

All of your cars are sweet. I say keep them all and takes your girl's Vette out when you need that type of a fix. As far as handling and power are concerned, you have a great platform to work with in your Terminator.

Either way, I hope you make the decision that is right for you. Good luck.
:beer: Thanks a lot... No, the problem is this. I have a modding disease, everyone can see it, as I can see it in myself. I feel like Gran Turismo is a real world situation, and I have to mod the hell out of every car I get when I get it. What sucks is I had plans for this car, BUT, it's just too damn nice to cut up. I don't like stock Fox bodies anymore (I am 30 now and now 17) and to mod one up with MM or Griggs is almost a crime to cut and weld on a car this nice.:eek: I have a 86 GT that was a pile of crap that is now basically a streetable race car, but I don't want to go that far with the 93. It needs money put in it to get it where I want to be "fun wise" and I just don't want to drop cash into something that will go the wrong way in value.

That being said, I did think about selling the 04, and keeping the 93 for shows and cruising, but I just like driving the 04 more. I had a 20K miled 90 Saleen about 10 years ago too that I regret selling all the time, but I simply don't make near the money to keep all my cool toys, some of em have to be enjoyed by other familes so I can change mine. Selling the 86 is OUT of the question, I'd daily drive it if it came down to it, cage and all. I will NEVER sell that car, all the other cars are up in the air.

Fostang

Established Member
Funny You mention a Corvette because that's what I got to replace that pile. LOL.

To be honest with you it was a nice car and very clean but in reality it's just a mustang and I've had my fair share of them already. I'll keep my 67' Fastback forever but I think I am done with any other mustangs.

Good Luck with the Sell. Glad to see you didn't do any of the big modifications you were talking about.

pic1.jpg

sled

Established Member
My buddies built turbo C5's and C6's for a living. those cars are badass no doubt, but when the interior starts falling apart you start having dumb little sensors going bad that cost a million dollars your gonna hate it. I've been down this road a few times. I keep thinking about getting a C5 Z06 and then i work on one. their a bitch to work on and expensive. I will say they are very fast when built right. LSx motors are no joke, far superior to our five liter engines.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Funny You mention a Corvette because that's what I got to replace that pile. LOL.

To be honest with you it was a nice car and very clean but in reality it's just a mustang and I've had my fair share of them already. I'll keep my 67' Fastback forever but I think I am done with any other mustangs.

Good Luck with the Sell. Glad to see you didn't do any of the big modifications you were talking about.

pic1.jpg

Nice car Sal! Yea, I wanted to Griggs it and put my 408 in it as I told you when I got it, but after driving my girl's new car for 6 hours straight, I just figured I'd be happier in a Vette..

Car is 100% for sale now, so let me know if anyone is interested.

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
I didn't notice a price. I have been gone from the site for a while now. What's the going rate for nice Cobra's these days. 14K???

Love your car!

badjudgement

bluzilla
Established Member
you will be sorry

Thier is something very strang about a 93 cobra it is an obsession. Once you fall in love with the car its all over. It has nothing to do with the performance of the car its something else. I have had two now and when you own one you kind of take it for granted maybe becouse we relize that it is just a mustang. But once it is gone and you have had that new itch (corvett) you will start to miss the 93 and the obsession will start all over again. just my 2 cents

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Thier is something very strang about a 93 cobra it is an obsession. Once you fall in love with the car its all over. It has nothing to do with the performance of the car its something else. I have had two now and when you own one you kind of take it for granted maybe becouse we relize that it is just a mustang. But once it is gone and you have had that new itch (corvett) you will start to miss the 93 and the obsession will start all over again. just my 2 cents
I have the 04 still and I had a 90 Saleen that was a LOT nicer of a car than the 93 is, and when it sold, I was sad as hell... still wish I had that car, it had 28K on it in 1999 (90 model).

Anyway, I just don't need the car, I won't give it away for charity or anything, but I would like to have the money from it to pay my 04 off so it can get mods.:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread