Might sell my Teal already...

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
No financial woes, its more like my woman got a 99 Vette, and I f-in LOVE her car...

So now, I am deciding if I should sell my 93 Cobra and get a Vette, or just wait till my 04 is paid off in about 2 years. I could sell both my Cobras and get a Z06, or wait a couple years, still sell both Cobras (hopefully worth a little more, and get a ZR1), but the woman already told me that is a far shot, cause she doesn't want to live in the Vettes.:lol1: Damn unpratical womanz! What are they thinking?:-D

Edit: anyone want a low mile Teal that is very good shape? Only mods are exhaust, I have brand new headers on it, but can take those back off. stock exhaust was gone before I got the car. Has a Bassani X pipe and Flowmaster cat back. Car also has 3.73s and a short shifter (Hurst or MGW).

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
No financial woes, its more like my woman got a 99 Vette, and I f-in LOVE her car...

So now, I am deciding if I should sell my 93 Cobra and get a Vette, or just wait till my 04 is paid off in about 2 years. I could sell both my Cobras and get a Z06, or wait a couple years, still sell both Cobras (hopefully worth a little more, and get a ZR1), but the woman already told me that is a far shot, cause she doesn't want to live in the Vettes.:lol1: Damn unpratical womanz! What are they thinking?:-D

Edit: anyone want a low mile Teal that is very good shape? Only mods are exhaust, I have brand new headers on it, but can take those back off. stock exhaust was gone before I got the car. Has a Bassani X pipe and Flowmaster cat back. Car also has 3.73s and a short shifter (Hurst or MGW).

Put it back up on cafords, you will probably get a bite there. Why do you like the corvette so much more than the cobras?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Put it back up on cafords, you will probably get a bite there. Why do you like the corvette so much more than the cobras?

high speed stability mainly... I was rolling 120 for about 10 minutes, if I was going that fast for that long in one of the Cobras, I'd be white knuckled and about to have a heart attack.:shrug: The Vette is just a lot smoother power and much better handling and riding suspension.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Dang Matt I thought you just bought it!
I did dude, Im jonesing for a faster car, and I don't want to butcher this stocker up with suspension, brakes and motor work...:shrug:

It's so hard for me to not mod it, but this car is so damn clean, it would literally make me sick to cut it up. BTW, I've put 100 miles on it since I got it, and I haven't even titled it yet. It's sitting in storage with the battery disconnected.:nonono:

Here are some pics:
DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

It will be sad to let her go, but I'd rather have a new Vette right now in my life than a nice stock show car.

stangbear427

Established Member
I hear what you're saying bud, my 02 Legacy GT feels worlds better at 120mph than my stock suspended Cobra does at 90. You don't have to cut them up to change that though, just bolt a lot of crap on. My 91 GT with basic MM parts feels better and better the faster you go. That all being said, my recent blast in an NSX really sent home the difference between a purpose built sports car and a bang for the buck pony car... I've been out in some newer 'vettes as well and it's pretty much the same story. Once you get a taste of that kind of handling it's hard to let go...
Anyway, that's a beautiful Cobra you've got there. Good luck

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I hear what you're saying bud, my 02 Legacy GT feels worlds better at 120mph than my stock suspended Cobra does at 90. You don't have to cut them up to change that though, just bolt a lot of crap on. My 91 GT with basic MM parts feels better and better the faster you go. That all being said, my recent blast in an NSX really sent home the difference between a purpose built sports car and a bang for the buck pony car... I've been out in some newer 'vettes as well and it's pretty much the same story. Once you get a taste of that kind of handling it's hard to let go...
Anyway, that's a beautiful Cobra you've got there. Good luck
Thanks man, yea I dunno, I am sorta sick to think about it right now, I was going to let both the snakes go, and bank the lower payment (even on a new z06), but I'd rather keep the 04 for a while. I dunno, I may sell the 04 and keep this 93, that is an option as well. I just haven't gotten attached to this car yet, so I think it'd be easier to forget I really ever owned it, than a Terminator I have had over 2 years and that is my favorite color.:shrug:

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
wow that is a great lookin clean cobra

im partial to ford so i would say keep it, but you already have some nice stangs, and vettes are awesome-they are engineered incredibly....

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Any idea what you will ask for it?

Joe

When I looked for em, they were in the mid 14s to low 16s. I think 15,500 is where I'll start. If someone wants it 100% the way it was, I can go down some off that (stock driveshaft, crappy Hurst shifter, stock headers, stock sparkplug wires and burned up cap/rotor, etc. I also have a cam that is perfect for this setup in a box that can go wth the car if I get asking price, its an older Anderson Ford grind (friend made 300 rw with GT40 heads with this same cam), and I also have a Pro-M meter that is on its way that I bought a week or so ago before I knew I wanted to sell it, and a brand new $350 CA Car Cover still new and not even put on the car yet.

I planned to take care of this car and keep it a while, but I'd rather just sell it and save for a Vette at this point. I wish I had gone that route before I got the car, but I had money in the bank at the time I bought this car, before I had to help my g/f buy a car last weekend.

Last edited:

pro_5.0

Established Member
clean cobra dude. if were on the eastcoast i would have made an offer but clean ass car. BTW is that a porsche in the garage?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
clean cobra dude. if were on the eastcoast i would have made an offer but clean ass car. BTW is that a porsche in the garage?

yes, thats a 92 C2 vert, it's for sale as well if you know anyone looking. It was my mom's car, she doesn't drive it anymore. It has 55K on it and my mom is the only owner. The car in garage with cover is a C6, and the covered car next to the 93 is my 04 in my sig.:beer: Thanks for the compliments... they do ship cars every day ya know to the east coast.:idea:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
There's always another "out"...:rockon:

...give the g/f (and the 'vette) the boot :beer: ,

hang on to the :bowdown: Cobras,

realize there aren't too many places you can legally :uh oh: drive 120 mph

and :idea:

be happy with 90 mph! :rolling:

;-)

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
There's always another "out"...:rockon:

...give the g/f (and the 'vette) the boot :beer: ,

hang on to the :bowdown: Cobras,

realize there aren't too many places you can legally :uh oh: drive 120 mph

and :idea:

be happy with 90 mph! :rolling:

;-)

I love it, but she already appoligized for ruining me with her Vette as she put it, so I am already spoiled... Im keeping the 04 (or going to try to for now) and selling only the 93 at this time, so it needs to find a happy home that will take care of it, like I wanted to if I had room.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread