Might sell my car, how's the market?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Thought Id get some opinions before I post my car up. I dont have to sell it, but it would make the most logical sense as I dont drive it much and what's to replace it will get garage priority, (I don't want storage with 2-3 cars in it anymore).:shrug:

So anyway, what's a clean CO with 19,7XX miles worth these days? Car is a bolt on car, all the good mods, no dents or scratches. There are quiet a bit of rock chips on the front bumper, hood, and a few scuffs on the mirrors and back bumper, but they are all fairly minor. A quick respray and the car would look brand new, Ive just been hesistant while I do drive it sometimes...

I also sold the stock rims I had for it last week, so the car would come with the buyer's choice of 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rears with Nitto/Hoosier setup thats on it, I just want to keep my Cobra Rs since they are my fox's wheels and no one likes them on the Cobra anyway.:lol1:

Id think mid 20s somewhere, but I want to be realistic and I'd want a fast sale if I did get the other car loan approved... I wont sell it for teens, so dont come with that funny stuff.

So what say my Terminator family?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
:(

Anyone? Most recent pics below:

04atPebbleBeach004.jpg

04atPebbleBeach035.jpg

04atPebbleBeach019.jpg

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
I am tossing around the idea of selling my Cobra too.. But to be honest right now isn't a great time to sell, since usually spring time will bring the best price for cars like ours..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
unless you are gonna fish it on the market for the next year, with nothing but nibbles and bites here and there, dont expect to get what you likely paid for it 2-3 years ago.

If you are serious about letting it go, you will have to see what other cobras in your area are going for with equal mileage and condition, and meet or beat their price. Otherwise youll be bumping a FS Thread every day for the next however many months and redoing your craigslist posting every 7 days for the next half year.

seeing you dont have to sell it, you can likely get away with having it for sale for a long time, and maintain a higher price. Someone who wants a CO will find it, it may just take a while. Norcal is a big area, so as rare as 03/04's are that come up, a CO is even rarer.

Steve2050

Established Member
I think $22.5k for a relatively low mile CO. That should get you a fast sale. I just got back from visiting NorCal and it is beautiful but the economy is in a slump.

KILRSVT

Established Member
around 20 to 22k sounds like a good price to me...its has fairly low mileage imo sometimes i toss that idea as well...but my car has 65k and i'll be lucky to get 15..lol

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
go check out the classifieds section...some of those cars have been in there for a looooooong time

if you don't have to ...don't sell it right now

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The future market for these cars is unknown. The economy is still jittery. Heck, it was reported today that the risks that big banks took leading us into the crash is back again, and worse. We're hearing it will be a year or more before things settle. So I wouldn't expect we're going to see any increases in value any time soon, and if anything we'll see them to continue to fall. I would simply say if you feel you need to sell it, do it. And try to get something close to what you'd like to see. Just be prepared to have to maybe take less. Just depends on what you're hoping for. If you aren't sure what to do, and don't have to sell it, keep it! JMO.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Mid 20k price range and fast sell do not belong in the same sentence.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
beautiful car....if the Tf's are gone I'd say 21ish.

Thanks, they are HREs bro...:beer: They aren't gone, I want to sell em, or keep em for my fox which is the same color...

Im looking at getting a 06 Z06, IF I can get it, I would be willing to let my car go, if not, Im keeping it... Friend is selling a 1 of 282 RARE Dark orange (Daytona Sunset), and thats the color of my dad's C6, and I like it as much as my Comp Cobra... Plus I know the guy, he's VERY picky with his cars, and its as clean as they get and runs good for basically an intake and mufflered car (11.3 @ 125 in TX heat).

I would like to get mid to low 20s, and if I sold it, Id need to sell it in a month or so.

Thanks guys, looks like Im not too far off on "my idea" of pricing it.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
as long as you can find the right buyer, who is willing to pay what you are asking for and the bottom line is, how bad does the buyer want a cobra in this economy; it is definitely not a fuel-saver. between my 350z and cobra, i am easily shelling out around 250-300 just for gas per month!

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I was debating the same thing a few months ago and decided against it. I enjoy driving my cobra and decided to keep it. I drive a 05 colorado to work and it gets about the same mileage as the cobra. I picked up mine last year for 22k and it had 36k miles. You can easily sell it if you are patient.

Users who are viewing this thread