might jump ship

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
Well i think i might jump to the dark side. I've been eyeing a black on black 03 zo6 with 12k on her. older dude owns it, and has taken real good care of it. The cobra is fun and will walk the vette all day long but the look of the vette is getting to me. And i know it is a nicer car then the cobra. so my question is should i try and sell my car the was it is or take off the blower,aftercooler,maf,injectors,pumps,gauges, and just sell it with full exhaust, bolt ons, and suspension? and my speedlines might go with the car and might not dont know yet. I know the market is soft so i wouldn't do anything till spring and see if it changes.

the one thing that's pushing me is if i keep my cobra i will have to build the motor and trans. So be for i dump another 8k+ into her i am looking at do i want to knowing i will never get it back. I know you never get back what you put in so thats why i might sell and not take as big a hit now then a hugh hit later. Granted the cobra is paid for and not having a payment is nice but c5 vettes are not that bad anymore. also looking a c55 amg so what would you do?:beer:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Well, if you can afford the Vette and NOT have to get rid of the Cobra then get it. Just don't put yourself in a bind where your are going to have to sell the Cobra and not get crap for it. You will love the Z06, they are so much fun to drive. Good luck

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Modded or not you will likely take a big hit selling the Cobra and parts. If you really want a Vette then go for it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If it were me and $$$ allowed to do it.

Sell the blower and supporting parts. Keep the Cobra as a bolt on DD.

Use $$ from blower as down payment or mods for Vette.

If you can not afford it then keep the cobra and build it.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I'd remove the blower and sell separately if you really want the Vette. I too have been gaining an appreciation for the Vettes, but more for road racing qualities than looks. I just don't think I can sell my car for what I want right now with the economy as is.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
wow, if it was me.... i would keep the car. you know i've always loved the looks of yours.. but if you do sell.. well, you know what i'm gonna say.... lmao. but really, vette's look good, but i can't stand driving/sitting in them.. but thats my .02

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I don't like the C5 enough to do something crazy like that. I'd keep the Mustang. I'm not really into 2 seater sports cars myself. The C6, that's a different story. Don't get me wrong, C5s are nice cars and Z06s are great and all, but I'd rather have the Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread