Might go another direction

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ok first off i am just thinking about this, nothing is set in stone or even in the works!

That being said, i've been pondering going another direction with the car. Basically sell the fr500 intake and n/a cams
use that to buy a forged short block. My friend has a eaton swap kit his is selling that i could get from him and put it on.

I'm considering this because i wouldn't really be out much money since the fr500 should fund most of the costs. I would
put a forged bottom end in(maybe just stock 03/04 cobra), some supercharger cams, and port the eaton.

What do you guys think? I love my car the way it is now, and won't do anything until i at least
get it to the track in its current form. I just know i'm kind of at a brick wall n/a wise without going into the bottom end.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
So you're making 339 with the stock bore 4.6l, H/C/I? Not going to picking on you AT ALL, I am just wondering where you would be going from/to from here.

Last edited:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
those numbers are pretty impressive as is. You must have the bug...

if its what you want, go for it man. don't let anyone tell you different!

coolguy10786

Established Member
So you're making 339 with the stock bore 4.6l, H/C/I? Not going to pcik on you AT ALL, I am just wondering where you would be going from/to from here.

Ya thats where i am at so far with HCI on the stock bottom end. My future goal would be kenne bell, but would be a ways off. I have a feeling i will just leave it as is, but i sure do like the idea of having PD blower on there.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i hear ya on the KB bro. That's ultimately where i'm heading too. It's such a shame they never made an intercooler for our cars :bash: I'd say just start saving :beer:

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ya i got the bug, but its probably more from the fact my car is currently out of commission than anything else. Missed my tune date b/c of it and it was snowing. I need to get my current combo to the track and see how it does. Would've done it yesterday, but again it is/was down.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
The thing I would most consider is the fact that the competition is getting rediculous. Also, what are your ultimate goals. For me, I want something where I can keep it as close to a smooth riding daily driver as possibly, while harboring the ability to torch the car next to me if need be. As is well known, it is much checaper and easier to do so with forced induction. I say sell the N/A stuff and shoot for 500 rwhp. (for starters)

coolguy10786

Established Member
Let me know if you sell the intake!

Will do!

I love the way that car is n/a and can only imagine what it would be like with a built bottom end and possibly more cubes. Oh well i have time to decide.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think you have an impressive NA Cobra and was going to go the same route for mine but the lure of a s/c and more power drew me the other way. If you want to step up the power and can do it for little or no extra money i'd say go for it.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Honestly, pick up the shortblock and do the KB. I assume your talking about a 2.2/2.4/2.8KB right? If so i would. Hell if you can get that eaton for cheap enough do that. Have you seen Lthl's video in pics and vids of his stage 3 eaton with just some boltons and a pumpgas tune at TX2K8? He faired VERY well at the track and hung with some very respectable cars on the street (I.S. C6Z06, supra ect) so...yeah.

Eaton/KB gets my vote

coolguy10786

Established Member
Honestly, pick up the shortblock and do the KB. I assume your talking about a 2.2/2.4/2.8KB right? If so i would. Hell if you can get that eaton for cheap enough do that. Have you seen Lthl's video in pics and vids of his stage 3 eaton with just some boltons and a pumpgas tune at TX2K8? He faired VERY well at the track and hung with some very respectable cars on the street (I.S. C6Z06, supra ect) so...yeah.

Eaton/KB gets my vote

Actually i haven't. Got any links? Kb would be a future thought, but would run the ported eaton until then.

coolguy10786

Established Member
build it and then spray it...

I was gonna say spray it also.

$600 well spent.

Very tempted, but afraid lol. I just don't wanna ruin the fr500 with a nitrous backfire or destroy my shortblock. I was looking into getting a 302 stroker s/b that was setup for nitrous and would yield about 11.5:1 compression. Got held up seeing as how the car i was selling has overheating issues now.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
John at Modular Performance has a fresh billet rod, lightweight piston, aluminum shortblock for a damn good price...and requires no core.

Users who are viewing this thread