Mid Pipe ? (aftermarket to stock manifold)

RSH427R

Established Member
I was told today (by a vendor) that the 05-09 GT and the 07-09 GT500 use the same mid pipe. (I know one is a H and one is an X) Does anyone know if this is true? They sure do look like they would interchange. I have my stock GT mid pipe to compare but its in my attic and I am lazy.

Thanks

RSH427R

Established Member
Let me clarify my question a little better. I recently ordered a new X pipe for my GT500. The particular brand I wanted does not have a part number for the GT500. The vendor said the GT and GT500 are the same so he ordered me a GT model number for my GT500. It has not come in yet and I am questioning the validity of his statement.

chuckstang

Established Member
I see
sorry, yes I believe that both the GT and GT500 use 2.5" tubing and should be interchangable
not 100% sure, about 99%

sorry

RSH427R

Established Member
No prob. I had them go to a different brand that offered one for the GT500.(wanted to be safe) The interesting thing is that they may be the same and all the vendors charge more for the GT500 part number. :dw:

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well.... the 5gt is for a gt.

as long as it is the same diameter i would imagine it would work:shrug: which one was he saying would work and which one did you switch too?

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
The midpipes from a GT and a GT500 are Not interchangable.Magnaflow now makes a catted x-pipe for the GT500 that will bolt up to the stock manifolds part # 16433.

RSH427R

Established Member
He said they would all bolt up:shrug: He talked me into a BBK (for GT) to save a few bucks. I ended up canceling that and went with JBA catted X. I have the stock H from my Roush. When I do the swap I will see if it fits.

I had a MRT Catted H on my Roush. The first is a picture of that setup. The second is a picture from their website of the GT 500 Catted H. Assuming they bolt up they look pretty close.

999919[/ATTACH]"]
carlake042Medium.jpg

999921[/ATTACH]"]
MRTgif.jpg

Attachments

• carlake042Medium.jpg
    carlake042Medium.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21
  • MRTgif.jpg
    MRTgif.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
alot of people are looking for a hpipe to use with the KR's so I too would be interested in knowing if the GT hpipe will work on the GT500

jtn83

Established Member
I would think that due to the taller deck height of the 5.4 (vs the 4.6) that the mid pipes wouldn't interchange. I would suspect that the 5.4 midpipe is a tad wider. I know the catbacks match up though, for whatever that's worth.
Jason

smrtasp

Established Member
Post a sound clip when you get it installed. I have the 3inch JBA catback and they offered to do the catted XPipe install even though Im in CA and technically the cats cant be changed. Im curious as to how it sounds different if at all.

homel01

Established Member
Build your own midpipe. I wanted to buy one, check couple of sites and the were in the 400's $ and for me I would have to add like 100$ for shipping to Puerto Rico. So my mechanic built one, Bought stainless steel tubes and it cost like 250, i run no cats and I used factory O2 sensor and no check engine light. Plus my midpipe is 3', and many midpipes for the gt500 are offered in 2.5'.

RSH427R

Established Member
i love that MRT H pipe, thats what i want

It sounded great on my Roush. I want to try the X this time, since that's what the car comes with. If I don't like it, I will certainly go back to the MRT.

Post a sound clip when you get it installed. I have the 3inch JBA catback and they offered to do the catted XPipe install even though Im in CA and technically the cats cant be changed. Im curious as to how it sounds different if at all.

It's going to take 6 weeks to come in:shrug: But I will certainly post a clip. I love the sound of the Corsa(s) at wot but I want a little more sound at lower RPM(s) and idle. JBA is some expensive stuff though. Hopefully I get what I am looking for.

RSH427R

Established Member
No it went with the Roush because I figured it wouldn't fit. I was confirming that I did like the product and will go back if the I don't like the sound of the JBA/Corsa combo.

Users who are viewing this thread