Mickey Thompson street comp quick REVIEW. 285 on Brembo package 19x9 wheel

walked_u_hard

Established Member
im thrilled with my MT's...super sticky in warm weather and great day to day tire including the rain...tracks straight and true, very quiet...great tire for the money! Just wish they had 295's for the rear. these are a huge improvement over the Pirellis.

I agree with all the above, except the super sticky part. I would like to have traction in 2nd gear.

I didnt get them from AM but, yes those are the same tires.

I wonder how they compare to my Hankook V12's..

can your finger nail push the rubber in at all? i cant with these tires, or move the lugs around with my finger, they are a pretty hard compound.

nitto 555's are much softer, and so are the sumitomo htrz2

scott_0

Established Member
I bought a set of 4 of these when I ordered my wheels from AM, I got the 255/40/19 on a 8.5" wheel up front and 285/35/19 on a 10" wheel out back and I love them, as said in cold temps they leave much to be desired but as said they are after all a summer tire, for the price they are hard to pass up

2012ingot

Established Member
side-ish pic

WqYMF2x.jpg

Thank you!!

2012gtmustang

Established Member
in the heat of late summer, mine are very sticky and i get great traction..i mean, at over 400 rwhp i can smoke em all day if i want but with throttle management my car is like a rocket on these tires....soemtimes they can be too sticky bc they pick up everything and sling it into the wheelwell...for the money, i dont think they can be beat

walked_u_hard

Established Member
I would buy 275/35/19 Nitto 555's which are at the same price point, over the MT street radial for the traction. Nitto 555's wont last as long as the MT street radial, but they provide much better traction throughout their life. Im not dissatisfied with my purchase but im also not completely happy either, they are a daily driver tire at best.

Just my experience with them, maybe im expecting too much from them.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Very interesting. Great having another option in the 19in tire size

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Not in the first few posts, that was the stock 255 up front. I do have the 285's all around in the last picture in front of the firehouse.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
with out a doubt the bridgestone's would be a stickier tire, but wouldnt last as long as the MT's i have on my car.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
They are shorter than the stock 255/40/19's so your speeoometer will read faster than what your actually going. It won't be off by a lot though, either way i adjusted the tire size in my tune to 805 revolutions per mile and it reads accurate. Stock tire size is 770.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I like the grip of my nitto Invos. before I decided to get them I looked at these Mickey Thompsons but the reviews I read about both tires favored the nitto Invos, so i went with my 285/35/19's on a 10 inch rim and 255/40/19's on the front on set of boss 302 Laguna Seca hyper black wheels. Like them a lot !

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
If I may ask, how far out will my speedo be? Just trying to understand what I will be in for.
Thanks again guys!

My rear tire diameter is the same as my stock tires, so no change in the speedo. And I went from 18's to 19's. the new tires are lower profile and I have improvements in handling ,quietness grip and appearance.

Slammintone

Established Member
If I may ask, how far out will my speedo be? Just trying to understand what I will be in for.
Thanks again guys!

This thread will explain lots for you. I had a similar thing going from 235/55-18s all the way around to 255/40-19s and 285/35-19s. There's a tire size calculater here that will show you what the differences will be when changing tire and wheels sizes if any. I can tell you in my case overall I'm probably losing just over half a mile per hour when the speedo says 60mph. Hardly worth noticing. You would have a bigger issue with a 4x4 pickup truck if you were going from a standard LT truck tire to some big meaty off road tires where they are three inches taller or something and where you think you are doing 35mph when you are really going closer to 40mph or something.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/928033-wheel-size-upgrade.html

curse

I think I have a problem
Established Member
I have the MTs on my brembo car and IMO the stock 255 did a better job at getting traction.

Users who are viewing this thread