Mickey Thompson ET Radials pressure?

nonliberal

Established Member
I'm sure its been asked but i'm not seeing an answer to both parts of my question.

With MT ET street Radials what tire pressure do you run on the street, and what tire pressure do you drop them to at the track?

These are the Radials not the Bias ply.

Thanks!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
when I ran my et streets I had 30 on the streets and I let down to 18 at the track.
I drove home on the 18 and it wasn't to terrible.

zemog255

Established Member
17 all the time. If you air them up for the street you wear out the center.

I've heard a few say this but I keep mine around 25-27 on the street. 17-20 at the track. Mine have worn very well and even. I have roughly 2500 miles and 50 passes on them still have a lot of tread left as well I have been pleasantly surprised how well they have been holding up.

yngrshr

Established Member
It depends on the temperature, the track prep, your mods, etc. All these variables come into play.

On an insanely cold day, I would go down as far as 16 on my HCI G8 GT. On a warmer day, you won't need to go below 19 or 20.

If you're a close-to-stock car, you won't need to go as low as a car with a stall or blower.

Can go on and on.

cuslo1

Established Member
17 all the time. If you air them up for the street you wear out the center.

That's new to me. I run 28psi on the street and at the track I ran 18 and it was dead hooking, I have the A6 tranny with 3.15 gears and stock converter so when I go to the track this weekend I will try 28psi and see what happens. It was dead hooking with a 1.94 60' not good and I was getting that on the stock tires. So gonna see if a little wheel spin will help get the turd moving

mantis118

Established Member
Every set ive had has worn the centers badly if they were ran above 20. I got 7k out of my last set with a lot of street runs. When I used to air them up to drive around I didnt even get 5k.

yngrshr

Established Member
I've had a million sets of these tires and have driven them on the street many times. They are going to wear on the street because they are a super soft compound. But mine always wore evenly. Sounds like an alignment issue.

nonliberal

Established Member
Where at in Missouri are you, that's a stout combo what are the track times

Northeast. I live between Troy and Bowling Green and work in Palmyra. (north of Hannibal). Not too far down river from you.

Never had it on the track yet or the dyno. Had AED Datalog tune it for E85 and 93 octane.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the et pros will stick really good but i wouldn't want to drive them in the rain.

JerryC

Established Member
28psi street and track. The centers are more worn than the edges, but my rims are narrow for the tires, 10" for 305-35-18's. I've got about 10k miles on mine and they are about done now.

5 burnouts and 5 1/4 mile passes, I drive pretty easy and the tires don't spin much on the street. They were absolutely glued to the track.

yngrshr

Established Member
the et pros will stick really good but i wouldn't want to drive them in the rain.

Have a set of them for the track when you go. Frankly, I'd run NT05s on the street since they'll last two or three times as long and will still hook good. My 4500 Coan stall appreciated them very much in my old car.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Have a set of them for the track when you go. Frankly, I'd run NT05s on the street since they'll last two or three times as long and will still hook good. My 4500 Coan stall appreciated them very much in my old car.

i drive on et street radials and they seem to hook pretty good if i heat them up. they drive ok in the rain too. and they are relatively cheap if you get the right wheel size. 15-17 inch wheels is the maximum size you would want to wrap on this tires if you want to keep your wallet from going up in flames.

yngrshr

Established Member
i drive on et street radials and they seem to hook pretty good if i heat them up. they drive ok in the rain too. and they are relatively cheap if you get the right wheel size. 15-17 inch wheels is the maximum size you would want to wrap on this tires if you want to keep your wallet from going up in flames.

The ET Street radials hook good. Not disputing that. The Pros hook much better, though.

But I would never, ever say that the ET Streets drive even OK in the rain. The NT05s drive fine in the rain, but the ET Streets are quite a bit worse. That's why I prefer the NT05s as a street tire and ET Street Pros as a DR.

I just change my shit over at the track.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The ET Street radials hook good. Not disputing that. The Pros hook much better, though.

But I would never, ever say that the ET Streets drive even OK in the rain. The NT05s drive fine in the rain, but the ET Streets are quite a bit worse. That's why I prefer the NT05s as a street tire and ET Street Pros as a DR.

I just change my shit over at the track.

i dont have issues driving in the rain with them. ofcourse this is when they still have deep threads. when they start to wear a little bit then you are in trouble. i have not had any incidents with et drag radials. you know what roads they will be slippery on for example shiny roads lol. i would never let anyone else drive the car though just because of this tires. you have to respect them. my friend has nt01r tires on his turbo s2000 that makes around 450rwhp and they seem to behave similar to my et streets in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread