Michigan

mork678

Established Member
Just curious, I am considering an install next spring for VMP supercharger and supporting mods. Any one gone to Watson Racing in Taylor MI or how about Lidio at Alternative Auto for the install as well as Tuning as I have read Lidio is known for tuning.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Ive had Lidio tune my GT a couple times. He's very knowledgeable on our cars and will get you all squared away! Plus he always has some nice vehicles in his shop being worked on whenever I go there so thats gotta say something.

Never heard of the other shop.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Walsh Motorsports in wixom. Just picked my car up yesterday from them. i've been to them 4 times for tunes with a different set up each time. The last one was with a tvs. Great guys there and they are very fairly priced. I highly suggest them. Lidio is a good choice as well. I would stick to either one

lilmarauder

Established Member
Walsh is good, lidio is also excellent. Lidio will be straight up with you and what he will do with the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comp04svt

Established Member
Lidio installed my tvs for me when I was short on time to do it my self. Had my car tuned by him multiple times as well, and have been very happy. Work was top notch. Be forewarned he will try to talk you into a whipple though lol, but don't do it! Stick with the tvs!!! Walsh and livernois are also top notch, you really cannot go wrong with either of those three.

As far as supporting mods, What do you have done to your car currently?

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
Would you say installs done pretty good too??

Also, would they recommend additional supporting mods lets I forgot something?

Yes, Alterative Auto has their act together. Lidio and his team will get you running proper and with no worries. I'll be going back. He checks plug gap etc before the car goes onto the dyno and if you want to have him check ANYTHING he will happily do so. I can't speak for Livernois, but I've heard good things about them as well. I went to lidio for the fact that Mustangs are his wheelhouse. GOODLUCK!!

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lidio is top notch and super straight forward. Tuned all my mustangs. His prices are extremely reasonable as well. He just did a tune on my 01 last may. Runs amazing. I know quite a few people with whippled 03-04's that won't go anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mork678

Established Member
Lidio installed my tvs for me when I was short on time to do it my self. Had my car tuned by him multiple times as well, and have been very happy. Work was top notch. Be forewarned he will try to talk you into a whipple though lol, but don't do it! Stick with the tvs!!! Walsh and livernois are also top notch, you really cannot go wrong with either of those three.

As far as supporting mods, What do you have done to your car currently?
Thanks everyone!! Suspension is all done, new exhaust......What my thoughts were to have TVS, with new fuel system..with double bearing idler pulleys...JLT Ram air...thermostat, head cooling mod from Lethal...I think I covered everything at least for now I would like to get done for now.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Thanks everyone!! Suspension is all done, new exhaust......What my thoughts were to have TVS, with new fuel system..with double bearing idler pulleys...JLT Ram air...thermostat, head cooling mod from Lethal...I think I covered everything at least for now I would like to get done for now.

Lidio wont probably install the head cooling mod lol. I had it on my car already and when I talked to him about my car and possibly getting it tuned there he said if I were you I would take it off the car. That being said mod list sounds good. Plan for a clutch too

mork678

Established Member
Lidio wont probably install the head cooling mod lol. I had it on my car already and when I talked to him about my car and possibly getting it tuned there he said if I were you I would take it off the car. That being said mod list sounds good. Plan for a clutch too
Why wouldn't he install that?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Lidio or Walsh you cant go wrong with either.

Sending you a PM.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Why wouldn't he install that?

That's how lidio is, he's very opinionated and will only use what he know works. That said he doesn't think hcm's are worth anything so he doesn't waste peoples time with them.

jony51999

Established Member
I'll add my .02 on Lidio as well. Back in the late 90's early/2000's when I worked at a performance shop, we would always send people to Lidio for tuning (mustangs primarily). He tuned a 95 Cobra 393 Stroker T-trim car I built for a guy and it never had an issue. We also never heard anything but great reviews of his work.

Fast forward to 2016, having been out of cars for 10+ years, I finally talked the wife into letting me get another one so I picked up a 99 GT 35th anniversary car that had a termi swap. I was told second hand that the prior owner installed the engine/trans, then dropped off to Lidio to get running.

The car runs/idles/drives like any other Cobra (sans handling of course) and made 450/470 with stock blower on 93.

I just emailed Lidio yesterday in fact to inquire about being able to re-tune the car with a bigger blower for E85. He said if I could give him the name of the owner who brought the car in for tuning originally he could check his files. Sure enough, he found it, even sent me the dyno sheet and gave me advice on some stuff based on my new setup.

Absolutely would recommend him.

Comp04svt

Established Member
That's how lidio is, he's very opinionated and will only use what he know works. That said he doesn't think hcm's are worth anything so he doesn't waste peoples time with them.

Yeah, like above, he almost didn't want to install the tvs on my car because my car already had a 2.3 whipple to begin with. He didn't think it would be worthwhile so he was trying to talk me out of it. He is used to using whipple on cobras and tvs's on 5.0's. That's fine, but I wanted to try something new. Car went from 56X whp/55X wtq to 595 whp/56X wtq at the same boost level of 18psi and same timing. Fast forward and with the gt500 tb my numbers on 93/e85 are in my sig. And again, like said above, he does great work. Never have had to return for any issues whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread