mice in my house!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I had 4 cats, the only mice we ever saw inside the house were headless. Well, except for the one my dad beat to death with a box of powdered donuts. But that's a different story.

MisterChrome

Established Member
if only your dog was a miniature pinscher/pitbull....well no... a min pin who thinks he is a pit bull. my guy killed 2 rats. the dog got zig zag skills

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
My cat has killed 26 mice, and 1 big ass rat (that I know of, there are probably more) outside our house. She is an outside cat, and considers the yard hers. Anything not human entering the yard is dead within minutes.

We have never had mice in the house, I guess she is really good at her profession (critter killer). The only down side is that she wiped out our anole population.

silvrsnake04

hp is a hellva drug
Established Member
+2 on what lowflyn said get some traps with peanut butter and put them throughout the house and remember were u put them, don't need to have dead mice smelling the house:nono:

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I'll tell ya ever since I got Brady he cleaned up what was in the house, an I have not had any mice problems after that....

03cobramanIII

Banned
ok house is rigged to blow!~ do i need to out something in the glue traps?
he said i didnt .but if i dont get anything to put some peanet butter in them.
none in the cobra that i now of, but have drive it on months.i do have a firewall grommet that needs to be pushed back in. might but one in it too.

03cobramanIII

Banned
03cobramanIII,

after i read this thread yesterday, i went home from work and crashed early. Then noticed little critter feet running around in my attic. only 1.. maybe 2. So looks im gona go full tilt with that dehydration poison like i said earlier. I dont ever have any downstairs, but come winter time, that could all change if i dont take care of em now.
im glad there small and not big rats.
for 95 bucks , that guy did not do a good job, i could have got some spray and glue traps on my own ,he man didnt even bring the ....crack filters to stick in the cracks , inbetween the brick vents. he supposed to come back tomorrow , iam sure he will forget. i will cal orkin next time if i dont do it myself. he didnt even spray all the baseborads. he was skipping spots all over the house.
prob. cause i didnt get the contract with them ?

03cobramanIII

Banned
As someone who works in pest control I must say cats are not the best defense against mice. What I would recommend as a quick and easy fix is go buy an assortment of mouse traps (30 or 40), put a little dab of peanut butter on each, set them all around your house. This should take care of the initial problem.

Since you know where and how they are getting in, plug the freaking hole. Take some steel wool and plug the hole, no more entrance.

If you have them in your attic, do like was said before, put some bait up there. You might have to deal with the smell is the only downside. You could also do the snap traps in the attic if you are worried about the smell.

But first things first, get the entrance plugged off. Then you can work on the population in the house. For every mouse you actually see there's normally 5-6 more in hiding in your house.

Good luck to you, and if you give up call a professional. I know my company has an office in your town, was down there not too long ago. We can take care of the roach problem while we're there as well.
i will have to get 50 brillo crack filter pads to stuff in the holes in the foundtion, when i go to the store to get them there.going to think im a big ass crack head LOL.
the big rat trap are not going to work, i got to get some smaller ones. i got a squrriel in a rat trap once.i thrown the trap away after that.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Pest control guys are not trained to spray the entire interior perimeter of the house. Its called IPM. Intelligent Pest Management. Spraying the areas where bugs are most common and harborage areas, as well as points of entry. The only place they do a thorough spray of the perimeter is the exterior.

03cobramanIII

Banned
o boy i found 3 dead cockroches and one in my mouse trap, sticky thing. boy that was worht 95 bucks. the man was suppose to come by in repair the crack holes and never did. fixing to call him

03cobramanIII

Banned
still no mice in glue traps.cat still watches the fridge all night .
going to have to put something in the middle of the glue trap tonight. that reminds me i havent checked the 2 outside today.... want pics if i got one!

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Ever considered a really thorough CLEANING of your home? Not trying to sound like an ass, just something you might want to keep in mind.

03cobramanIII

Banned
my home is clean, wife keeps a good clean house, i dont live in a shack in the woods. in a ok neighborhood. i dont get it first i seen in 5 years i lived here.

Users who are viewing this thread