Mice in Cowl

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
Long story, car sat for awhile in my garage. Mice got in my cowl and made nest....made sh*t....made a complete mess. Wondering if this has happened to anyone and how did you clean it? When i turn the fan on the inside smells TERRIBLE! Im not sure of the cowl to heater core ducting, am i able to just spray the cowl down with cleaner and have it drain out the bottom side of the car? The last thing i want is all that stuff in the heater. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fangin2u

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra that mice got in. Blow out as much or all of droppings and what ever they chewed on as possible. I diluted some 409 and sprayed in cowl not to much though. Let it dry this will clean it. Then I Febrezed it. Let it dry each time, keep spraying it till smell goes away. It worked for me. Have had my 03 cobra since new. Good luck.

TxCobra76

Established Member
Same thing happened to me this winter. I removed cowl and found the nest. SOB.....I used my wet vac to suck out the nest and put backing soda boxes in cabin and trunk. Helped a lot! About 2 weeks till the mice smell went away but it did go away. Good luck bud. I HATE MICE!!!!!!

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
Thanks for the responses, just got around to cleaning her out! I too had a big nest in the cowl. Didnt even realize it was happening until it was too late! f'ers!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Keep poison bait traps that have the clear viewing window to see if they are eating on it.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I have had good results using mothballs. I use a small aluminum foil tray with 2 or 3 mothballs placed on the floor under the engine. You will need to add mothballs every week or two because they will "evaporate", but their smell will send mice elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread