16kOrBust

Established Member
**** the crank numbers and argument, that thing is putting down some SERIOUS power and torque SAE on a dynojet to the WHEELS! That is ****in badass for a tune only car. Gotta love the aftermarket mod potential of these FI cars coming out these days.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
is this the ****ing view?? why are all of these crying ass girls complaining about a meaningless number? it's just a NUMBER!! if he runs you at the track and claims he's making "770" crank hp and your car makes 600 rwhp and you beat him are you going to go around bragging you beat a "770" hp car or as the advertised 618 rwhp? of course the 770hp. Same method as dynoing on a load or non load bearing dyno, if my car makes 500 on a mustang dyno and yours makes 600 on a dyno jet and i mop up your junk clearly you will say that its "just a number" go chew on some midol and eat a pint of ice cream you crybaby pricks.

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm impressed by the gains for a tune only, congrats.

Thank You :beer: We have slightly hotter software otw in 2-3 weeks. Same time the full exhaust will be done. We'd like to see Mid 10s on 18" DRs. We'll see.

I think the problem with your claims are if you have established the drivetrain loss at stock OEM quoted crank power to stock RW dyno numbers, and then used that to calculate a percentage, that's fine, but you can't use that percentage when your making more power, you can only use the crank hp number that is lost going through the drivetrain not the percentage. it doesn't take 20% to spin a 70+lb wheel, it takes 5hp... once you have established the drivetrain loss in percentage that can only be used at the stock level not throughout the power gains...

This is a potentially long debate that has been hashed out hundreds of thousands of times, if not more, throughout history. We'll have to agree to disagree because although I do understand your angle, I don't agree with it. Also keep in mind there are MCT 7G cars with rubber couplings for driveshaft U-joints and that a stock 7G converter only locks 95% at WOT 100% load. These are constraints you have to take on a case by case basis when dealing with a German car.

In either case both rw and crank numbers were provided so anyone can see the DT losses themselves by doing the math so we're really just trying to appease everyone. Most 50-60 year olds that will tune a 2012+ E63 or M157 variant understand Crank HP/TQ, not rw.

**** the crank numbers and argument, that thing is putting down some SERIOUS power and torque SAE on a dynojet to the WHEELS! That is ****in badass for a tune only car. Gotta love the aftermarket mod potential of these FI cars coming out these days.

:thumbsup:

is this the ****ing view?? why are all of these crying ass girls complaining about a meaningless number? it's just a NUMBER!! if he runs you at the track and claims he's making "770" crank hp and your car makes 600 rwhp and you beat him are you going to go around bragging you beat a "770" hp car or as the advertised 618 rwhp? of course the 770hp. Same method as dynoing on a load or non load bearing dyno, if my car makes 500 on a mustang dyno and yours makes 600 on a dyno jet and i mop up your junk clearly you will say that its "just a number" go chew on some midol and eat a pint of ice cream you crybaby pricks.

:beer:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
nice numbers for a luxury saloon! badass looking car also, i can wait to see what you guys are going to do to the SLS supercar. i have heard some rumors that the CF driveshaft cost something like 8 grand? def post some numbers once you get it in.
also, are you going to go back to tuning domestics with the gt500? i saw on your website that you dont tune them any longer, but with your purchase of the gt500 will you get back into it?

about everything else....maybe next time just slap the whp numbers in the title thread to appease the haters?
i know i would have shit a few bricks if that thing put down 925rwtq. quite a few bricks.

ferfont1

Established Member
yeah usually around "car people" i quote my rwhp numbers, its just the "non car people" i give crank numbers to.....bc they just dont get it. I'll say my 00 gt put down 540whp and they aren't impressed bc a c6z06 has 505hp badges on it and its stock, so i just quote the crank numbers so there's no confusion. :thumbsup:

crazy torque numbers on that thing!! Bet it's fun from a low roll when you punch it! :burnout:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Good because you were sounding like a total troll:nonono:

Nice numbers OP:rockon:

Thanks brother!

nice numbers for a luxury saloon! badass looking car also, i can wait to see what you guys are going to do to the SLS supercar. i have heard some rumors that the CF driveshaft cost something like 8 grand? def post some numbers once you get it in.
also, are you going to go back to tuning domestics with the gt500? i saw on your website that you dont tune them any longer, but with your purchase of the gt500 will you get back into it?

Thank you! The SLS should be fun, no one's really come close to tapping one yet. Next up full exhaust, then Heads/Cams (~700HP N/A) and then twins.

I'll get some underside shots of the SLS and post them when we start on the exhaust. It's all covered for aero so it's not just getting it in the air. Yes the CF driveshaft isn't inexpensive and is wrapped in foil from the factory lol.

SLS is the 2013 Viper Chassis and Suspension fwiw.

about everything else....maybe next time just slap the whp numbers in the title thread to appease the haters?
i know i would have shit a few bricks if that thing put down 925rwtq. quite a few bricks.

Yeah exactly I'll put both rw and crank in the next one lol. ;-)

yeah usually around "car people" i quote my rwhp numbers, its just the "non car people" i give crank numbers to.....bc they just dont get it. I'll say my 00 gt put down 540whp and they aren't impressed bc a c6z06 has 505hp badges on it and its stock, so i just quote the crank numbers so there's no confusion. :thumbsup:

crazy torque numbers on that thing!! Bet it's fun from a low roll when you punch it! :burnout:

Exactly, some guys just don't get it. Plus 618rw on a DD is not the same as 618rw on a DJ, or SF, etc.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
MHP 2012 E63 AMG with MHP v3 CDT for AMG M157 5.5L TT DI V8

Stock non PP:

495rwhp/487rwtq SAE on 93 octane

or at the crank:

619HP/609lb/ft SAE on 93 octane

v3 CDT Only (ECU Tuning):

618rwhp/740rwtq SAE on 93 octane

or at the crank:

773HP & 925lb/ft SAE

Rear Wheel Gains of:

123rwhp & 253rwtq SAE

Crank Gains of:

154HP & 316lb/ft SAE

Graph:

DSC00033.jpg

Dyno Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2DaHAnFL5Y

Not even a H/C/Pullied/Tuned CTS-V or Tune/exhaust F10 M5 can touch this thing!

The PP rated at 550bhp and non PP rated at 518bhp. If this thing is rated at 518 and laying down 495rwhp, then the 550bhp PP must be laying down 530rwhp.

"Following the lead of the 2012 CLS63 AMG, the E63 AMG will carry the more powerful and efficient 5.5-liter V-8 biturbo engine for the 2012 model year. The smaller engine creates the same 518 hp as the outgoing naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V-8. However, torque is up considerably and opting for the AMG Performance package raises output to 550 hp. The AMG Performance Package's extra power comes courtesy of an increase in turbocharger pressure from 14.5 to 18.8 psi. Despite creating more power, the engine requires less fuel. Mercedes, citing European testing, says the new engine and a number of small tweaks have reduced the E63’s consumption by 22 percent for 2012."

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Aren't dyno #s able to be manipulated to read what you want? It's basically a conversion as well, so IMO a rwhp # from a dyno is pretty much as truthful as a conversion from rwhp to crank hp. The only true measure is a 1/8, 1/4, mile, etc.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Wow, it's a stump puller for sure. Great job with the tune. I want to see some 70mph rolling burnouts. lol

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I can't wait to see some Exhaust/TB/Pulley/tune '13 GT500 vs tune/dp m157 E63/CLS63 vids!!

I remember the old Terminator vs '03 E55 AMG days........

Last edited:

glhs422

Established Member
Mommy, daddy, please stop fighting.

If I start misbehaving and getting in trouble at school, will you focus your attention on me (and the badass AMG) instead of fighting with each other?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread