MGW vs pro 5.0 with steeda tri-ax handle

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've had MGW on three different transmissions over the last 10 or so years. One 3650 and two T-56's. I've only recently changed to the comfort handle because I have short arms. Guess I'm weird in that I don't have the need to change handles all that often. And with the boot on it looks just like my buddies Triax.

Booferton

I have an MGW on my car as well, if i had the stock boot and knob you'd have no idea that it was even changed just by looking at it.

Attachments

• vvv.jpg
    vvv.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 66

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Got my MGW installed yesterday and love it. Glad I went with it. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to post pics because I have a pro 5.0 shifter for sale now too but every time I try on phone or computer it says my file is too large.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on buying/installing the MGW shifter. You're going to love it.

As far as the pics, just re-size them.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Looks great, as expected. Nice shifter ball, too.
thanks, I've always sworn I wouldn't do a cue ball knob but my cousin got this knob and I loved it. Weird MGW doesn't list it on the website. I never would've known had my cousin not told me to call and ask what they had in stock and they had this.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks, I've always sworn I wouldn't do a cue ball knob but my cousin got this knob and I loved it. Weird MGW doesn't list it on the website. I never would've known had my cousin not told me to call and ask what they had in stock and they had this.

Well done MGW is the way to go for sure.
If your car has a T45, you can back out those bump stops all the way. The T45 has internal stops.

I love cute ball knobs. That's pretty much all I use on mine. I have several designs that I sawp out.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Well done MGW is the way to go for sure.
If your car has a T45, you can back out those bump stops all the way. The T45 has internal stops.

I love cute ball knobs. That's pretty much all I use on mine. I have several designs that I sawp out.
I didn't even see a place on the shifter for the bumpstops to thread into anyways so I didn't use them. I also did not pull the boot up because it was on there snug but there were no holes anywhere around the base I could see.

Users who are viewing this thread