mgw shifter installed

redline

Established Member
just finished up the mgw shifter install. my review .install was easy .i did not get in a big hurry so i spent approx. 4 hours and that was really taking my time. impression of the shifter .awsome shifter ,rock solid.i notice when i was taking out the factory shifter ,when i got the boot off i stuck my hand down by the shifter and the whole unit moves real easy . but after i installed the mgw and tried the same ,no movement at all .so my conclusion .money well spent.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah great shifter, have you changed your tranny fluid yet? if not, do it, the combination is awesome. I Used amsoil works great....

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Yeah great shifter, have you changed your tranny fluid yet? if not, do it, the combination is awesome. I Used amsoil works great....

Has there been issues with the factory transmission oil? I know some people have been having shifting problems with their 6 speed. Is this one of the culprits?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah the factory fluid is garbage, make the change, you will be amazed at how much better your shifts will be!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I had read somewhere that they had changed the fluid in the 2013s. Not sure, but I could swear I read that somewhere.

kbroush

Established Member
I would just like to be able to do some 7500rpm powershifts if I feel like it. It seems impossible in stock form. I may start with the MGW shifter also.

Alejandro5.0

Established Member
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago I can't wait till It arrives so I can install it, and now that you mention the ams oil I might order it too so I can do it all at once!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I know that in the T-56 guys would change it for GM synchromesh with great results. I did it myself in a few built cars.

redline

Established Member
I know that in the T-56 guys would change it for GM synchromesh with great results. I did it myself in a few built cars.

thats what i wonder if the gm stuff works for this tranny. i did it in my 03 cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread