MGW shifter install ?

Mr. Couper

Established Member
i bought a used mgw/ orange handle shifter and did not come with the 4 bolts to mount it. can i use my stock bolts? any suggestions? thanks

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They should work, but MGW will probably send you the correct set. I am not sure if there is a difference in base height. If the base is the same, then yes, they will work.

DEVIL

Established Member
the mgw bolts are just grade 8 8mm bolts, i think they are 25mm long, 1.25 thread. you should be able to get them locally, cheap, and get that shifter in there! I did mine a while back, it helps a lot. Using a Hurst pistol grip knob (vertical type). just did a hurst in my buddies mach 1 (2003) and it is nice. very short throw, maybe even better than the pro 5.0 in my gt. good luck, and have fun!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, he could get them cheep locally, or free from MGW. He has already paid for them once. I wouldn't pay for them again, but then again it depends on how fast you want the parts. George will get the parts to you. I would contact them about it ASAP though. You live in Tx., so you could probably have them by Wednesday if they go out today.

-Jeff

YoungJim

Established Member
IIRC the stock shifter is a fairly thin stamping, while the MGW is (like it should be) a nice thick piece of solid metal, so the stock bolts would work but would probably be a little shorter than optimum.

Users who are viewing this thread