mgw shifter install

jetboatjockey

Established Member
hello, looking for someone to install mgw gen 2 shifter in phoenix ax area. i live in id and winter in az so no shop or tools + to old to crawl under, maybe to fat. any help appreciated, thanks nelson 07 gt 500

GT5OO

I installed mine myself. The pins were the only issue to release the old shifter arms out of the whole process. Some folks have taken theirs to the stealership. May run you the same amount as the shifter itself.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jetboatjockey

Established Member
hello, looking for someone to install mgw gen 2 shifter in phoenix ax area. i live in id and winter in az so no shop or tools + to old to crawl under, maybe to fat. any help appreciated, thanks nelson 07 gt 500
i should qualify i would pay top rate for good shop or mechanic also az not ax. thanks

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just take it to any transmission repair shop or a dealer. They shouldn't charge you more than an hour's labor. I just recently installed a Gen 2 in my GT500. It wasn't hard to do at all. Unless you're just not mechanically inclined at all, you should take a shot at installing it yourself. You might surprise yourself.

jetboatjockey

Established Member
Just take it to any transmission repair shop or a dealer. They shouldn't charge you more than an hour's labor. I just recently installed a Gen 2 in my GT500. It wasn't hard to do at all. Unless you're just not mechanically inclined at all, you should take a shot at installing it yourself. You might surprise yourself.
i am an old farmer with the joints to go with it so probably do like you say. i put vmps 800 kit in the car and enjoyed it but that was all stand up work. i have no lift etc so will let some one else do it. thanks for the come back. respectfully nelson

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As GT Premi suggested, take it to a dealer or a good shop. If you don't know of any good shops, I'd stick to a Ford dealer. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread