MGW shifter..do I have to reach for it

MarkusK

Established Member
When in first gear,how far is the MGW shifter (knob) from the stereo ? I now have a Pro 5.0 with a homemade extension so the knob is about 6,5 inches from the stereo in first gear.It is perfect, but I don,t like the shifter and want to change it out to something better.

Some pics

20166ad2ac.jpg

5fc2e52f5c.jpg

20psirabbit

Established Member
the handle is rotationally adjustable, but not terribly long/high. i'm more of a road guy than drag, and i'd love to have a long handle. i emailed mgw about it asking if they would possibly make one and they said it wasn't going to happen.
agent 47 makes a long shifter handle, it's carbon fiber, but it's for a stock style shifter (the mgw handle is a different setup) so basically i'm either stuck dealing with it or going to a stock style short throw like the b&m ripper and using agent 47's arm.
the only reason i'm hesitant is because of any shifter i've ever had in a car, the mgw feels the best, and if the other setup didn't fell/work as well i'd be kind of aggravated :shrug:
i wish mgw would make up some long shifter handles, i'm sure people would buy them :(

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Threads For The MGW Shifter

I just purchased a MGW Adjustable Shifter handle with a PRO 5.O shifter, i am trying to find out if the threads are -12mm x 1.75 thread pattern cause i want to order a aftermarket shift knob.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I have a roush shifter you would love. I can sit back in the seat and have plenty of room to shift. I want a mgw over this one i have.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I have the MGW orange and I have no problem getting into 5th or reverse without having to leak forward. Previous setup was a tri-ax with a pro 5.0 handle.

Height and how you prefer to sit in the seat will make a difference between people too. I'm 5'11''

IA Shelby

Established Member
the handle is rotationally adjustable, but not terribly long/high. i'm more of a road guy than drag, and i'd love to have a long handle. i emailed mgw about it asking if they would possibly make one and they said it wasn't going to happen.
agent 47 makes a long shifter handle, it's carbon fiber, but it's for a stock style shifter (the mgw handle is a different setup) so basically i'm either stuck dealing with it or going to a stock style short throw like the b&m ripper and using agent 47's arm.
the only reason i'm hesitant is because of any shifter i've ever had in a car, the mgw feels the best, and if the other setup didn't fell/work as well i'd be kind of aggravated :shrug:
i wish mgw would make up some long shifter handles, i'm sure people would buy them :(

Call MGw and ask for the tall gripper knob. Solved my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread