MGW Shifter and knob

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
im considering getting the MGW shifter.. i have looked back at a lot of threads and i see nothing but good things.. but i was wondering.. have any of you purchased the composite knob? i was thinking about getting it..

mustang_race_hdr.jpg

lxcoupe5liter

Established Member
where do you find the MGW shift handles n diff colors?,found the website,but no color'd knobs

LastChance

Established Member
I bought the composite race knob to go along with the shifter and used it once before going back to the stock knob, much more comfortable and looks better in my opinion.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I had this knob in my old Cobra and I noticed that the pads of my fingers would be sore after a night of hard shifting, this was from the sharp area (finger groove area) on the front of the knob. Tried changing hand positions a few times and never really got comfortable with it. I've got it sitting out in the garage and haven't talked myself into putting it in the new Cobra. Maybe I will when I replace the shifter.

Jason

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I have an MGW in my 96 Cobra and it is the BEST shifter I've ever had. I've had Tri-Ax, B&M, MAC and Pro-5.0 and the MGW tops all. The Hurst shifter in my 04 is nice too. It's got the stock handle and knob though. The stock handle needs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread