MGW Problem, Question for a Friend.

LSWHAT??

My friend recently installed an MGW into his 02' GT with the Tremec 3650. Everything worked great, I drove it and the shifter felt excellent, went into every gear well and had a very short and tight gate.

Today he was getting off the interstate and the shifter would not come out of 5th gear! I had this problem occasionally with my old T-45 in reverse, a problem I rectified by rolling backwards slowly until it came out. This did not work for him, and his car is stuck at a gas station :cuss:

Any ideas? We did not use the shift stops on the MGW as the 3650 has them already internally, but we did leave the stop bolts in, just all the way unscrewed.

Any ideas? :idea:

Thank You

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TheAntiRice96 said:
My friend recently installed an MGW into his 02' GT with the Tremec 3650. Everything worked great, I drove it and the shifter felt excellent, went into every gear well and had a very short and tight gate.

Today he was getting off the interstate and the shifter would not come out of 5th gear! I had this problem occasionally with my old T-45 in reverse, a problem I rectified by rolling backwards slowly until it came out. This did not work for him, and his car is stuck at a gas station :cuss:

Any ideas? We did not use the shift stops on the MGW as the 3650 has them already internally, but we did leave the stop bolts in, just all the way unscrewed.

Any ideas? :idea:

Thank You

sounds to me like maybe the black cup was not popped onto the end of the shifter ball and the metal ball at the bottom of the mgw shifter may have jammed up over the top of it. it is VERY important to put the shifter cup on a 3650 onto the mgw shifter prior to installing. also if you have a 3650 take the stops out!!! do not just back them off as they can move if you do not lock them down right.

have him call me if he is still having trouble, it could very well be non shifter related but maybe so.

regards
george

LSWHAT??

George,

Thank you for the response. The problem was indeed a user error, nothing at all wrong with the product!

Somehow one of the shifter stops vibrated back in all the way and was not allowing the transmission to come out of 5th gear.

Easy fix, good as new, shift stops have been removed. You have a great product, I can't believe how short and tight the shift pattern is compared to my UPR.

Thanks again :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread