MGW inner shifter boot...

n0xlf

Established Member
Did you install the innermost one (the one that goes over the stock shifter itself and not the one with the 4 bolts)? MGW says not to, but that leaves it exposed to road grime...

n0xlf

Established Member
Now that I think of it, I wonder if I even have room to install it...This is one of the new designs with the rubber grommet that you insert in the other inner boot (the one with the 4 bolts)...

n0xlf

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Why would we not reinstall it????
I'm not sure...

I just put it on, and other than having to really stretch the opening to get it over the wide base, it fits very well and didn't change the shifting feeling at all...

Last edited:

redsvtcobra

Established Member
I put the inner-inner rubber boot on, shifter feels very nice. A world of difference from the stock POS.

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Hey Bob, got your shifter gaskets in the mail Saturday and installed the new shifter within 20mins and they fit perfectly. The best thing about the whole install was when I unbolted the shifter I just picked the old shifter off the tranny with one small yank and ZERO gasket material stayed on the tranny, it all stuck to the shifter base... Brought out the putty knife for nothing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like you lucked out. Before I started using my gaskets, when I pulled my shifter about half of the sealer stuck to the base. Now the next time you remove the shifter (if you do) the whole deal should be painless. Enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread