MGW Dust Boot

spincobra03

Established Member
Got my third MGW shifter, I love them. I have cobra bobs gasket again but I have never installed the MGW shifter dust boot. When I was ordering my orange handle I thought about getting it but I didnt. The shifter is installed and everything but I was wondering would it be worth ordering and installing it? I want tranny noise a quite as possible. Worth it????

divided

Established Member
I doubt it. I hear very little about it and have searched tons and tons of MGW threads. But im sure someone will chime in with more info.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First off, every car is different, so the level of tranny noise making its way into the cabin through the shifter will vary. That said, anything you do to insulate the noise will help. So the simple answer is that the addition of the dust boot will help. Will it (and my base gasket) eliminate 100% of the noise? No. But on average enough noise is removed to make it barely noticeable. Any more questions feel free to call me at the office. 203-530-7599.

slvrbk04

Established Member
MGW Dust Boot
Cobra Bob's gaskets are the best for noise reduction. The MGW boot will not reduce noise, but it will keep destructive road grime out of the shifter mechanism.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MGW Dust Boot
Cobra Bob's gaskets are the best for noise reduction. The MGW boot will not reduce noise, but it will keep destructive road grime out of the shifter mechanism.

Doesn't the dust boot basically encompass the shifter? I thought it does. If it does, that will indeed help to insulate the noise that is actually carried into the cabin through the billet shifter. It the dust boot doesn't encompass the shifter than no, it won't do much if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread