methonal injection????

crazylou

Established Member
what is every1's take or experience on snow injection kits for 03-04 cobra???

any good???
does it really work??? (from experience)

was gona do e85 but only really have 1 station around and its 25 miles away and cant justifie race gas...

any info would be appericated....

thank you,
corey

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
what is every1's take or experience on snow injection kits for 03-04 cobra???

any good???
does it really work??? (from experience)

was gona do e85 but only really have 1 station around and its 25 miles away and cant justifie race gas...

any info would be appericated....

thank you,
corey

Corey,

In my opinion you're probably better off running a race fuel concentrate such as Torco or doing the E85 conversion. Torco will raise your octane and prevent detonation just like Meth does but won't require a separate tune or a meth kit installation. Just mix the Torco with every tank of gas and you're done.

If you only drive the car on weekends E85 would be a great choice as well. That stuff works very well and is like driving around on race fuel all the time. You'll have 1 tune for it and never have to worry about mixing fuel or whether you've got enough meth to race with. If you go E85 though you will need to build a fuel system capable of supplying enough fuel for the HP level you're looking to support.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

crazylou

Established Member
thanks jarad, yeah i was fig.on building a fuel system from u guys so maybe i will just do e85. just trying to get my ducks in order so when my layoff is done i can start shopping... LOL... thanks again...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
E85 works fantastic. You need a fuel system that can support it. You'll need to flow 40% more fuel than on pump gas. If you have no local stations it makes it very inconvenient to run, to the point where it's not worth it. Gas mileage goes to hell so you're filling up all the time. Costs more mpg than premium pump when you take into consideration the mileage drop, if you care. If you're surrounded by E85 pumps though it's a no brainer race fuel.

Torco works but has it's own downsides. You have to carry the stuff with you and pour in each tank. It's poisonous (don't get on you or breath) and is sensitive to light so keep in the metal cans. If you drive your car a lot (more than just a weekend toy) it gets real expensive.

Water/Meth injection has initial outlay of getting a system installed. Since it's adding fuel your tune needs to be leaned out a little on the top end where the meth is spraying.
Once the meth is setup though it's really easy and cheap to maintain. Blue windshield washer fluid from walmart for less than a dollar and a couple bottles of Heet from your local autoparts store. If you drive a lot meth is by far the cheapest way in the long run. It doesn't take a whole lot of tanks of gas to break even with the cost of torco and after that you're saving.

Myself personally I play with E85 and meth the most. E85 is cool but don't like the gas mileage drop on cars that already have such short mileage range. I also don't hardly have any stations around me so not practical at all.
I found on E85 my fuel maps were spraying 42% more fuel than with 91. I also found cost was 27% more per mpg on E85 than premium pump. Most people don't care but hey money is money and if you drive a lot at least helps to know.

With water/meth I just pump 91 at any station anywhere as usual and go. For me personally water/meth is the best solution.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I use to do the torco thing but it becomes a hassle. With meth it is available everywhere and very cheap it was an easy choice. Where else can you get extra octane from a hardware or paint store. LOL

Torco needs to be filled at every fillup where meth has it's own tank and can be filled anytime.

Meth FTW!

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
E85 works fantastic. You need a fuel system that can support it. You'll need to flow 40% more fuel than on pump gas. If you have no local stations it makes it very inconvenient to run, to the point where it's not worth it. Gas mileage goes to hell so you're filling up all the time. Costs more mpg than premium pump when you take into consideration the mileage drop, if you care. If you're surrounded by E85 pumps though it's a no brainer race fuel.

Torco works but has it's own downsides. You have to carry the stuff with you and pour in each tank. It's poisonous (don't get on you or breath) and is sensitive to light so keep in the metal cans. If you drive your car a lot (more than just a weekend toy) it gets real expensive.

Water/Meth injection has initial outlay of getting a system installed. Since it's adding fuel your tune needs to be leaned out a little on the top end where the meth is spraying.
Once the meth is setup though it's really easy and cheap to maintain. Blue windshield washer fluid from walmart for less than a dollar and a couple bottles of Heet from your local autoparts store. If you drive a lot meth is by far the cheapest way in the long run. It doesn't take a whole lot of tanks of gas to break even with the cost of torco and after that you're saving.

Myself personally I play with E85 and meth the most. E85 is cool but don't like the gas mileage drop on cars that already have such short mileage range. I also don't hardly have any stations around me so not practical at all.
I found on E85 my fuel maps were spraying 42% more fuel than with 91. I also found cost was 27% more per mpg on E85 than premium pump. Most people don't care but hey money is money and if you drive a lot at least helps to know.

With water/meth I just pump 91 at any station anywhere as usual and go. For me personally water/meth is the best solution.

well said....

even w/93 octane....who really knows what your getting @ the pump. I like the results I saw w/ my Vortech S-trim foxbody, and it will be on the cobra once I find the ambition to pull the whipple & change to a return setup. I hate to tear it apart...:bash:when its running great.:burnout::burnout:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
I'm using meth on my car and I love it works great just wish i had a bigger tank than just using the windshield washer fluid tank.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm using meth on my car and I love it works great just wish i had a bigger tank than just using the windshield washer fluid tank.

Yeah for sure. I started with the windshield washer fluid bottle myself not knowing what to expect. I eventually tore that setup out and switched to a 5 gallon tank in the trunk this winter.

71catruck

Established Member
Have been doing a lot of research on meth and talked to RET they suggested I use a kit from ais. Besides the octane increase it will also help keep the blower cool if injected pre blower. Preventing heat soak is importand to me for long drives in and out of boost going threw the corners.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
What kits are you guys using?

I was considering Alky Control system, since he is local to me.

I have a mix of parts & kits I've bought over time. Snow Performance, AEM, Devils Own and some of my own stuff I built myself. Nothing I've gotten so far has stood out as bad that I would say not to get. They all seem decent.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
E85 works fantastic. You need a fuel system that can support it. You'll need to flow 40% more fuel than on pump gas. If you have no local stations it makes it very inconvenient to run, to the point where it's not worth it. Gas mileage goes to hell so you're filling up all the time. Costs more mpg than premium pump when you take into consideration the mileage drop, if you care. If you're surrounded by E85 pumps though it's a no brainer

I found on E85 my fuel maps were spraying 42% more fuel than with 91. I also found cost was 27% more per mpg on E85 than premium pump. Most people don't care but hey money is money and if you drive a lot at least helps .

These are all true....but the not really apples to apples when you consider the hp/tq increase e85 can produce from additional timing and boost. You would need c16 race gas to compare...and it still might fall short of e85 power/safety margin.

I can totally relate with the availability issues like the op has....my only e85 station is 22 miles away. Since my car is a weekend toy, I deal with it and once a month enjoy a highway cruise to go fill up.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
These are all true....but the not really apples to apples when you consider the hp/tq increase e85 can produce from additional timing and boost. You would need c16 race gas to compare...and it still might fall short of e85 power/safety margin.

I can totally relate with the availability issues like the op has....my only e85 station is 22 miles away. Since my car is a weekend toy, I deal with it and once a month enjoy a highway cruise to go fill up.

Additional boost and timing is not specific to E85. Torco and water/meth also allow you to run more timing and boost (I sure do). E85 burns cooler and is more oxygenated so does have that advantage.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I installed an AEM methanol kit and will be getting tuned this Friday. I will post results. Was easy to install. Got the kit from a buddy for dirt cheap so figured it was worth it to slap it on. I vote E85 if you can do it. Otherwise I think methanol is a nice easy way to gain some power. And like stated before, very easy to maintain. I have a couple gallons, should last me well over a year.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Additional boost and timing is not specific to E85. Torco and water/meth also allow you to run more timing and boost (I sure do). E85 burns cooler and is more oxygenated so does have that advantage.

Oh no, I realize that lol. I just wouldn't think 91 plus meth like you were mentioning would equate to the power/boost/timing capability of e85. Plus, you weren't factoring in the cost of the meth system setup with your analysis. I still think e85 is a real bargain even with the mpg shortfall if you compare true apple to apple power capability.

Of course it might still get ruled out for someone if the availability is too poor tho.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Oh no, I realize that lol. I just wouldn't think 91 plus meth like you were mentioning would equate to the power/boost/timing capability of e85. Plus, you weren't factoring in the cost of the meth system setup with your analysis. I still think e85 is a real bargain even with the mpg shortfall if you compare true apple to apple power capability.

Of course it might still get ruled out for someone if the availability is too poor tho.

That may be so. I've never pushed any of my boosted motors far enough that they hit the limits of either the 91 + meth or the E85 so don't really know. I'm sure E85 would be best but boy would you have to be pushing some serious limits to find that out.

I did say the meth system has an initial outlay. When I was looking between torco and meth and experimenting I found the cost of the meth system quickly was recovered and then some vs torco for me since I like to drive my car quite a bit when it's sunny out. Torco was just to expensive for a long term solution.
E85 could also have an initial outlay if the person has to buy injectors and pumps to support it. If they already have the fuel system then it's as easy as pumping it in and getting a tune for it.

I have to agree though if you're surrounded by E85 pumps it's a no brainer. Use it. If there was even just a single pump right by my house I'd probably use it all the time or at least a lot more often. The lack of pumps is the single most reason I don't use it much.

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Same here, Ran meth on my old 98 cobra- novi 2000 built motor etc. I drove the car everyday on 12psi little over 520 at the wheels with a lot of timing. Put almost 18k miles on it decided to switch to straight 93 and see the difference and pop their went the first motor lol. Water/Meth has my vote I put over 20k on water meth alone and when I pulled the motor it was spotless, heads and all.

Users who are viewing this thread