Meth Kit VS... again....

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
dave how do you get that shipped at your shop correct?

I have a vendor in CT that I use who orders it directly from Renegade Race Fuels. He then delivers it to my shop

E85 from a vendor is expensive though

Correct it is more expensive. But it all depends on where you need it shipped to. Its MUCH more expensive for me in CT since we have some crazy taxes on it. A 55gal drum is $365. However, getting it from a race fuel vender is MUCH better then getting it from the pump. You know what you are getting. You have to pay to play.......Also for the guys that are closer to the race fuel companies like Renegade that I use, they are paying like $225 for the same 55gal drum I pay $365 for.

this is an option... I do have an E85 station about 40 min from me... so that is definitely an option...I am weighing my options... no different than running N2O off of a single/duel nozzle...

Wait wait what?? Your other posts above say you do not have any near you? If they are near you just get some 55 gal drums or smaller 15 gal drums and go fill up and bring them home. Problem solved...... Run meth on top of the E85 and you will have a very good combo.

You could tap your intake and run 8 nozzles to minimize the chance of a poor pattern to a unlucky cyl. Juiced does bring up very good points. If you have a nozzle get clogged or a solenoid not open or wire loses connection for even a moment you could melt a cyl.

THAT being said there are a lot of people running high boost meth and also high hp nitrous cars. The risk is there you just have to do decide what risk you're willing to take.

e85 would be the superior route to run but then you have a situation where you are a slave to the gas can. You could install a aux tank (fuel cell) to run race gas and a second tune and electronic switching system when you wanted to run high psi.

Yes you can tap your intake and do all that that is fine. I highly doubt he will go through that extent to make a direct port meth system though.

I have a snow meth kit so far so good....E85 and 5mpg doesnt really appeal to me....if your meth kit is setup probably there shouldn't be any problem.

I think you guys were really missing my point. I am not saying using meth on high boost and a high power car is a BAD thing. I am saying it is bad using it as a substitute for race fuel/e85 at those power levels. You can still run meth at high boost, you STILL need a race fuel or E85 with it. I would not recommend running meth to depend on it for an octane bump at that type of power level, period. Trust me.......

Yes people are running high HP nitrous cars with single nozzles. But you are still not getting my point. Thats not what I am getting at. Those guys run the PROPER fueling when running nitrous, they are not using nitrous as a substitute for fueling. If you want to run moderate boost on meth/pump you will be fine. But on a built motor 25psi and twin 62s. You are talking power upward of 900-1000HP. You really want to rely on meth and 93 pump gas to keep that motor alive????? Thats crazy. At that power level you will need to run a good fuel and still run meth.

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Dave is right about this. I would know. I own his old car. I liquefied a piston going down the track running pump and meth. Although I never definitively determined the cause, I lean towards a quick hiccup with the meth system. And when you're wot, running higher boost, it only takes a split second to destroy something.

Running E85 or race gas affords a cushion should a lean out or boost spike occur. I tore the meth out of my car. If I'm going to run it all out, the only option for me is giving it the right octane.

That being said, plenty of people use pump / meth with success. I'm just giving my amateur opinion.

Jim

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Juiced I don't see e85 drums on renegades sight. Do you have to call?

You can email them its not on their site. . They will point you in the direction to a vendor close to you most likely.

This is the stuff I run but in UNLEADED form.

attachment.php

stangfreak

Established Member
Problem for me or some of us with ordering drums of fuel is that, they will not deliver it to your house. You need a place of business. I know I cant have fuel shipped to my home.

Also, Justin from fore said if we use our cars not that often, e85 may be bad. I don't regularly drive mine.

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Problem for me or some of us with ordering drums of fuel is that, they will not deliver it to your house. You need a place of business. I know I cant have fuel shipped to my home.

Also, Justin from fore said if we use our cars not that often, e85 may be bad. I don't regularly drive mine.

I rarely drove my car with E85 with zero issues. Car has been sitting in my shop since October and it started up just fine today when I was there.

Also as far as getting the E85 to you. Just check your local race fuel suppliers. They can probably get it for you. Be it Renegade, VP, Sunoco, they all sell E85 in 55 gal drums.

stangfreak

Established Member
probably ask sk speed. I know they got c85 from vp. This is what Justin emailed me because he is putting together a fuel system for me for 1000hp. staged setup.

If this is a weekend car, I advise against E85. E85 requires a lot of extra attention that has a value to most people...and for weekend car, that value often offsets the savings at the pump. Don't get me wrong...E85 works well...but I think it is best for cars that are driven daily. Frequent use/consumption/fill-ups keeps the E85 fresh, lowers fuel maintenance, plus allows you to take advantage of the savings at the pumps.

E85 on a weekend car may require filter changes every 2-4 weeks...sometimes 3-5 months...it depends on a lot of things. Even worse, If it sits too long, often it requires a complete fuel transfusion. Gasoline is quite simple by comparison: use the cheaper pumps, don't worry about the car sitting while you travel, and change your filter once a year...lol. (I think there is some value in that...even if you're running C16)

ctgreddy

Established Member
AlkyControl has the best Meth kits on the market. Can run single or dual nozzle. Very nice controller and very very good tech support. I have installed a bunch of his kits on turbo cars and they work awesome.

x2. Alky kits are the only kits we install at my work. I've put about 6-10 kits on and as long as we've been using them there's been zero failures. We just use boost activation, simple and effective.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Wait wait what?? Your other posts above say you do not have any near you? If they are near you just get some 55 gal drums or smaller 15 gal drums and go fill up and bring them home. Problem solved...... Run meth on top of the E85 and you will have a very good combo.

Yes people are running high HP nitrous cars with single nozzles. But you are still not getting my point. Thats not what I am getting at. Those guys run the PROPER fueling when running nitrous, they are not using nitrous as a substitute for fueling. If you want to run moderate boost on meth/pump you will be fine. But on a built motor 25psi and twin 62s. You are talking power upward of 900-1000HP. You really want to rely on meth and 93 pump gas to keep that motor alive????? Thats crazy. At that power level you will need to run a good fuel and still run meth.

I didnt know I had a somewhat local E85 station, I just moved here, seached, and didnt find one... then after calling around after posting, I did find one about 40 min from me... not too bad...

Yes, i understand... car made 746rwhp with 93 octane, lambda is .72-.73 ... perfect with the fuel system with no controller... just off the gate.. at 16psi... this would not be an all out every day car on 25ish PSI... I have an AMS-1000 off CO2 on the car, but didnt need it for the lower boost number with just the pump gas... I could achieve my goal of 1K-1.1K rwhp with c16, just dont want to run the leaded gas... so I was searching for an alternative... and meth was a possibility... I could probably do E-85 and meth to keep temp down...

but that still leads me to my original question that sort of has mis-directed this thread... I am looking for a good meth system...... :dancenana:

itSSlow98

Established Member
You can email them its not on their site. . They will point you in the direction to a vendor close to you most likely.

This is the stuff I run but in UNLEADED form.

attachment.php

I heard back from them and it's $248 for 55 gallons and 148 for delivery. Kills the deal for me I can get race gas for that. Its a shame they aren't in driving distance at least or I'd go grab 2-3 of them.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I heard back from them and it's $248 for 55 gallons and 148 for delivery. Kills the deal for me I can get race gas for that. Its a shame they aren't in driving distance at least or I'd go grab 2-3 of them.

Yea, the shipping kills the deal. Between the taxes, govt BS and shipping it does kill the deal. I had no choice here in CT since we have no E85. It still came out cheaper then race gas @ $13-$15gallon

blown97gt

Established Member
Im going to be running AIS kit on mine. On the old motor was running a peiced together kit. Melted number 8. Not a meth issue though. If you want added insurance add the js safeguard to your setup

Last edited:

blown97gt

Established Member
I have a vendor in CT that I use who orders it directly from Renegade Race Fuels. He then delivers it to my shop

Correct it is more expensive. But it all depends on where you need it shipped to. Its MUCH more expensive for me in CT since we have some crazy taxes on it. A 55gal drum is $365. However, getting it from a race fuel vender is MUCH better then getting it from the pump. You know what you are getting. You have to pay to play.......Also for the guys that are closer to the race fuel companies like Renegade that I use, they are paying like $225 for the same 55gal drum I pay $365 for.

Yes you can tap your intake and do all that that is fine. I highly doubt he will go through that extent to make a direct port meth system though.

I think you guys were really missing my point. I am not saying using meth on high boost and a high power car is a BAD thing. I am saying it is bad using it as a substitute for race fuel/e85 at those power levels. You can still run meth at high boost, you STILL need a race fuel or E85 with it. I would not recommend running meth to depend on it for an octane bump at that type of power level, period. Trust me.......

I agree im setting this new motor up at 10.3.1 compression. With my cams it will be 9.0.1. Im going to run 13 psi on pump with meth. But i dont use meth as fuel just added cooling. As i like my 500-600 street car

Users who are viewing this thread