Meth Kit VS... again....

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
So, now that I am at the point of not wanting racegas, but hate added consumables... I am weighing the pros and cons of all meth kits... from Snow, to AIS, devils own, AEM and all that are available...I dont know all of the available ones on the market so please input what you know about them...

what are the pros and cons of these kits? I will be running appox 25 psi on a boost controller....

built and running on pump gas now: twin precision 6266's, 4r70w trans, 5.0 stroked 4.6, Cushman motorsports stage 3 cams, ID1000 injectors, AMS-1000 on CO2...think thats all you need to know at the moment

is a digital dial controller better/worse than a programable controller... and what is better... MAF controlled or PSI controlled??

single/duel/tripple nozzles? why or why not??:shrug:

please help....

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
So, now that I am at the point of not wanting racegas, but hate added consumables... I am weighing the pros and cons of all meth kits... from Snow, to AIS, devils own, AEM and all that are available...I dont know all of the available ones on the market so please input what you know about them...

what are the pros and cons of these kits? I will be running appox 25 psi on a boost controller....

built and running on pump gas now: twin precision 6266's, 4r70w trans, 5.0 stroked 4.6, Cushman motorsports stage 3 cams, ID1000 injectors, AMS-1000 on CO2...think thats all you need to know at the moment

is a digital dial controller better/worse than a programable controller... and what is better... MAF controlled or PSI controlled??

please help....
E-85 > Meth

Digital

Established Member

Snow and AEM are old companiess. I haven't heard anything bad about devils or ais though. Each company makes a good product it just depends on price and features really. Though I'd personally go with snow or aem with the nod to snow.

Dial vs program is the same for nitrous. more options and more variables to control, also massive price difference. Depends how exact you want to be with your delivery methods.

MAF vs PSI. I'd recommend you shoot meth just like you shoot nitrous. Unless you plan on running 25 on the street at all times then I would say go with PSI.

Most meth systems should be able to run from a single nozzle. That being said the more nozzles you have the better coverage you can have and more meth you can spray. A good single should be okey. They also make plate kits.

please help....

E-85 > Meth
Pretty much this.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I am telling you this from experience. Relying on meth for a fuel substitute with pump gas instead of running race gas or E85 is a bad idea. If you get one cylinder that is a tad lazy or not getting enough meth. You will melt the motor down.

With that being said and you still want to go the Meth route.

AlkyControl has the best Meth kits on the market. Can run single or dual nozzle. Very nice controller and very very good tech support. I have installed a bunch of his kits on turbo cars and they work awesome.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I am telling you this from experience. Relying on meth for a fuel substitute with pump gas instead of running race gas or E85 is a bad idea. If you get one cylinder that is a tad lazy or not getting enough meth. You will melt the motor down.

AlkyControl has the best Meth kits on the market. Can run single or dual nozzle. Very nice controller and very very good tech support. I have installed a bunch of his kits on turbo cars and they work awesome.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member

I have no E85 stations near me :( so that is why it was either C16 or meth... and I dont like an additional consumable... like running a small shot of juice... not really interested in it... but I wanted to put it all out there and ask the silly question... and thx... I will look at that company and venture down the track of more homework on this stuff....

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have an AIS kit with no complaints. I pugraded to all stainless lines which I strongly suggest. Alkycontrol is also top notch and unless I got such a good deal on my AIS kit alkycontrol is who I would go with.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I run the coolingmist.com stage 1 diesel kit. Its great and I love the added power.

interesting... I checked them out.. seem like a good product... never heard of them before, and dont seem to hear much feedback on them... standing by... but thx for the insite!

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I have an AIS kit with no complaints. I pugraded to all stainless lines which I strongly suggest. Alkycontrol is also top notch and unless I got such a good deal on my AIS kit alkycontrol is who I would go with.

what makes Alky Control the best on the market? controller? pump? spray nozzles? customer service... I hear most of you saying they are the Shizzznit, but why compaired to other companies?

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Pretty much this.

Originally Posted by FSTMRFR

Snow and AEM are old companiess. I haven't heard anything bad about devils or ais though. Each company makes a good product it just depends on price and features really. Though I'd personally go with snow or aem with the nod to snow. Ok, gotcha on that one.. so I can look into more suitable, updated company, which is why I posted here...

Dial vs program is the same for nitrous. more options and more variables to control, also massive price difference. Depends how exact you want to be with your delivery methods.makes since...it will be only for higher boost side... car makes 16 PSI off springs now, no controller for street tune, this will be for 25 ish PSI, not much time at all... mainly track time, but that will be rare, more of a bragging number if you will, but used on occassion...ya know... only time I would possibly need the meth for street tune would be hot summer days if I have high IAT's, which I have an analog gauge to monitor IAT as well... :)

MAF vs PSI. I'd recommend you shoot meth just like you shoot nitrous. Unless you plan on running 25 on the street at all times then I would say go with PSI.so I presume its like a adjustable hob switch internal to controller if I run off PSI...thats cool... why not MAF controller... busier to tune? more likely for fail or glitch in readability?

single/duel/tripple nozzles? why or why not??
Most meth systems should be able to run from a single nozzle. That being said the more nozzles you have the better coverage you can have and more meth you can spray. A good single should be okey. They also make plate kits.Hmmm... plate kit... interesting... I have a carb intake with hat... sullivan intake with HPP upper... that would be cool to get a carb plate and have two nozzles then....right? interesting... never thought about that... I really like that idea... no extra tapping of my intake... and in theory better coverage that running one nozzle into the the intake tube...

sweet thx for the reply, and ideas to think about!! :beer:

please help....

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
So if you are going to rely on your engine staying together by using meth with pump gas with high boost. How are you going to know the meth is being evenly dispersed to all cylinders? How do you know one cylinder is not getting enough? Your wideband will not show that......

You can buy E85 from a race fuel supplier if you do not have it local. Thats what I did here in CT. We only have 1 station and its over an hour away. So I purchase my E85 fuel from Renegade Race fuels instead.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
So if you are going to rely on your engine staying together by using meth with pump gas with high boost. How are you going to know the meth is being evenly dispersed to all cylinders? How do you know one cylinder is not getting enough? Your wideband will not show that......

You can buy E85 from a race fuel supplier if you do not have it local. Thats what I did here in CT. We only have 1 station and its over an hour away. So I purchase my E85 fuel from Renegade Race fuels instead.

this is an option... I do have an E85 station about 40 min from me... so that is definitely an option...I am weighing my options... no different than running N2O off of a single/duel nozzle...

Digital

Established Member
You could tap your intake and run 8 nozzles to minimize the chance of a poor pattern to a unlucky cyl. Juiced does bring up very good points. If you have a nozzle get clogged or a solenoid not open or wire loses connection for even a moment you could melt a cyl.

THAT being said there are a lot of people running high boost meth and also high hp nitrous cars. The risk is there you just have to do decide what risk you're willing to take.

e85 would be the superior route to run but then you have a situation where you are a slave to the gas can. You could install a aux tank (fuel cell) to run race gas and a second tune and electronic switching system when you wanted to run high psi.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I have a snow meth kit so far so good....E85 and 5mpg doesnt really appeal to me....if your meth kit is setup probably there shouldn't be any problem.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
You could tap your intake and run 8 nozzles to minimize the chance of a poor pattern to a unlucky cyl. Juiced does bring up very good points. If you have a nozzle get clogged or a solenoid not open or wire loses connection for even a moment you could melt a cyl.

THAT being said there are a lot of people running high boost meth and also high hp nitrous cars. The risk is there you just have to do decide what risk you're willing to take.

e85 would be the superior route to run but then you have a situation where you are a slave to the gas can. You could install a aux tank (fuel cell) to run race gas and a second tune and electronic switching system when you wanted to run high psi.

yup, that would be the idea if I run E85 :)

Users who are viewing this thread