Meter readings. Gas/electric

VegasMichael

Established Member
What's the policy in your area? Do you like/trust it?
Where I live we have a choice of submitting our own or accepting the "estimate" the power company gives us.
I read them myself and submit the numbers every month.
Yet at the same time the power company sends around readers every so often to check meters. Not sure which ones they check though. Probably all of them.
When I lived in Vegas we had "smart" meters installed and never worried about it.

PC03GT

Established Member
What's the policy in your area? Do you like/trust it?
Where I live we have a choice of submitting our own or accepting the "estimate" the power company gives us.
I read them myself and submit the numbers every month.
Yet at the same time the power company sends around readers every so often to check meters. Not sure which ones they check though. Probably all of them.
When I lived in Vegas we had "smart" meters installed and never worried about it.
Keep submitting the numbers, they probably randomly check to make sure everything matches up

VegasMichael

Established Member
So no meter reader people?

Whatever you do, don’t take the handout thermostats they give out.

The utility can turn your AC/heat down remotely. **** that!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I've seen readers come around but I don't know how regularly they come. They may just show up if they disagree with someone's submission or a customer complains their estimate is too high.

PC03GT

Established Member
I've seen readers come around but I don't know how regularly they come. They may just show up if they disagree with someone's submission or a customer complains their estimate is too high.
Or if someone is tampering with the meter. People do all kinds of weird shit to save a couple dollars, hence that's why they went to smart meters...but they also have their own problems as well

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So no meter reader people?

Whatever you do, don’t take the handout thermostats they give out.

The utility can turn your AC/heat down remotely. **** that!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

i knew that shit was a bad idea when I saw it then all that BS in Texas.

I got a hybrid water heater - the heat condenser one - I guess my name got on a list after applying for my rebate with the local utility. UCF reached out about a research study on them and you got whatever discount on your utility bill for participating but they were allowed to change settings on your water heater.

Austin Powers No GIF

funny thing is all those people that got shafted probably coulda just changed their wifi password and took back control of it

Users who are viewing this thread