Metco's

93VORTECH

Established Member
Debating whether or not to spend the money and buy the Metco Double Bearing Kit for my car. I'm only running the Stock Eaton with a 2.8 upper. Is it worth spending $450 for these kits, or should I invest the money elsewhere? Stock pulleys have 47,000 miles on them. Let me know what your opinions are. Also, is it worth it to buy the Double Bearing Kit over the Single.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Pricey but I think they are worth it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
They are worth it, and I would do the double bearing. These motors are very tough on the outer pulleys.

And be careful where you order them from....lots of counterfeits floating around.

93VORTECH

Established Member
They are worth it, and I would do the double bearing. These motors are very tough on the outer pulleys.

And be careful where you order them from....lots of counterfeits floating around.
Where do you recommend I buy from?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some of our Authorized Vendors should have them. American Muscle does. Lethal Performance does. To name two. You'll be happy with the Metco idlers. Good looking and solid quality.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Yes well worth it, the stocks are fine too, but there has been cases of them failing and burst open, so it's piece of mind.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes well worth it, the stocks are fine too, but there has been cases of them failing and burst open, so it's piece of mind.
That one of the primary reasons for replacing the stock idlers with billet idlers. Peace of mind goes a long way. Not a fun experience when you're miles from civilization and one of the idlers lets go. :eek:

mkb116

Established Member
It's cheap insurance, not to mention when your done, the resale value on them is good.

Users who are viewing this thread