Metco Traction Bars

jerardogav

Established Member
Ok so now is time for me to get some T-bars, I have my mind set on the Metco Trac links. Where would be the best place to get them at the better price?

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
be sure to put some anti-seize on the part thats adjustable. the guy i bought mine from didnt and are stuck in one position... cant get them to budge!

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
i had a set of the upper ones back in 01/ They worked great but ended up seizing up on me from no antiseize when i isntalled them. I ended up going with the JLP long bars and would recomend goign with them or any type of long bar over them.

jerardogav

Established Member
Changed my mind I will be getting the JLP 51" long bars these are shorter so no scraping with lowered trucks.

JoeRacer

Established Member
aren't the Caltracs basically the same as the Metcos just the Caltracs use a heim joint instead of poly bushing? This being the case, wouldn't the Metco be a more street friendly bar because of the bushing vs. heim joint? Also, don't the Metcos just look a little more beefier?

These are just a couple of the questions I've found myself asking as I was dead set on the Caltracs until I saw the Metcos and since my truck is my daily driver using the heim joints vs. poly bushings is a concern, and the Metcos just seemed tougher looking. :shrug: ????

I plan on lowering the truck with belltech drop spindles in the front, hotchkis leaf springs in the rear (stiffer rear + no change in front = less understeer??), and then use hellwig sway bars front/rear. I just havent decided on the best traction bar setup to use for this kind of application. Either the caltrac/metco design, or the JLP longbar design ... any ideas????

jims2000lt

Established Member
The Caltracts and Metcos are adjustable. The JLP and other longbars are not. If you get the longbars on then decide to change the rear ride height you have to redrill the hholes on the frame. You cant change height too much with the Metcos, only an inch or so. Caltracts are the only t-bars that aren't affected by ride height. Also. there are Slidealinks by Comp/ E but they look ugly IMO and are a copy of the Caltracts.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
aren't the Caltracs basically the same as the Metcos just the Caltracs use a heim joint instead of poly bushing? This being the case, wouldn't the Metco be a more street friendly bar because of the bushing vs. heim joint? Also, don't the Metcos just look a little more beefier?

These are just a couple of the questions I've found myself asking as I was dead set on the Caltracs until I saw the Metcos and since my truck is my daily driver using the heim joints vs. poly bushings is a concern, and the Metcos just seemed tougher looking. :shrug: ????

I plan on lowering the truck with belltech drop spindles in the front, hotchkis leaf springs in the rear (stiffer rear + no change in front = less understeer??), and then use hellwig sway bars front/rear. I just havent decided on the best traction bar setup to use for this kind of application. Either the caltrac/metco design, or the JLP longbar design ... any ideas????

metco lowers for the hotchkis would be the way i went. the metco bars are BEEFY

if you search on my name you'll see some shots of my uppers when i had my truck and tim skelton has some on his site.

jerardogav

Established Member
I have heard that the cal tracs make noise which is something I don't want for my WW. My ride height is set so long bars will not be a problem. I like the look of the long bars over the metco's and also the price

delta17

Established Member
does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can buy cal trac parts besides the manufacturer's website? The truck i've recently purchased has all the hard part of putting the parts the bolt up onto the truck. The actual bars did seize up though b/c of rust so i just need to order new bars and all new bolts for attaching the bars. any ideas? they do indeed look small but the guy i bought the truck from did his research and he said they worked great when not seized.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
those are no langer available unless you fond them used. they stopped making them about 4 yrsa go and switched to the metco's. they were also made by Rancho.

You have been mis-informed. JDM long bars are still being made and sold.
JDM long bars work great. Do a search and see some of the problems with the metcos. like wheel hop and so on.
JDM long bar link JDM Engineering

Last edited:

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
thats good to know. I guess Jim brought them back. He told me he was not making anymore about 4yrs ago at FFW in bella rose and that he would use the metco's. so i was just going off of that.

JoeRacer

Established Member
So after research I decided to go with the Metco lowers because they are compatible with more exhaust systems (bassani...), and also with belltech hangers. I'm going to get the Belltech 2/4 drop (spindles/hangers/shackles) and these seem to be the best option for that drop. It sucks they are so damn expensive these days, but it seems that with certain lowering methods and exhaust systems you limit your options. O well, at least they are a quality product and you are getting what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread