Metco fiberglass engine covers

RobG

Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer

And finally, How do they make you go faster?? Because when its all said and done, a Terminator is designed for one thing...speed, and personally, I don't see how the hell that helps speed at all, but like I said, thats just my .02:bash:

You have tinted windows in your sig. How do tinted windows make you faster since it's ALL about "speed" to you ???

Different strokes for different folks. I like a car that can go like hell, corner well and maybe win a car show or two. :shrug:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by RobG
You have tinted windows in your sig. How do tinted windows make you faster since it's ALL about "speed" to you ???

Different strokes for different folks. I like a car that can go like hell, corner well and maybe win a car show or two. :shrug:

Agreed!

As long as we're on the subject...

Paint adds weight too.... you should strip the paint off your car so you can go faster too

And maybe you should remove all your interior body panels

And have you removed all your badges?

And what about those SS bumper letters… I’m sure they add more weight then the engine covers and they are purely for looks!
:rollseyes :rolleyes: :rollseyes :rolleyes:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Yeah, lets throw out that Stereo Sytstem and Speakers while were at it, that would probably be good for at least 10 lbs to 20 lbs. and it doesn't do anything for performance :D

dougwg

Established Member
and the heater and AC!

BTW... YES I did ALL these things to my 79 hatch when I raced it...

even the carpet!

all I had was a steering wheel, monster tach, shifter and seat! BaWWWWHHH:burnout:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
Ok, one, they look like ass. Period. But hey, if you like them, then its your deal, just don't expect much support about rice mods (by rice I am refering to last second, tacked on after thoughts that harm performance for "looks" rather then help performance)

Preventing airflow cooling doesn' t seem like a great plan to me, but hey, what do I know??

And finally, How do they make you go faster?? Because when its all said and done, a Terminator is designed for one thing...speed, and personally, I don't see how the hell that helps speed at all, but like I said, thats just my .02:bash:

I just feel soooo much better of being accused of doing "ricer" mods which don't make my Terminator go fast... I specially like it even better when the comment comes from a brilliant mind who lists the best go fast mod of all time:

"and a lil' BASS in the back!!"

I bet all the weight added in stereo stuff will really make you go faster...

Way to go skipper...:loser:

The fact of the matter is that the covers were not meant to be liked by everybody, therefore the people who got them knew there would be mixed opinions about them. We can live with that; however the silly comments are the ones that really make me a little mad !!! :nonono:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Re: Re: I like them !!!

Originally posted by dougwg
We already knew that JC ! :p

Thank you sir !!!:beer:

So, how do you like that fat belt??? :thumbsup:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Hey, my comment was meant to back you up. I'm still interested in knowing what they cost for the Carbon Fiber ones and where to get them.

SouthFlaSnake

Established Member
Hey Rob,

Your the man. I don't doubt for one second that your Cobra will haul ass, and look f'n sweet at the same time. When I had my L (mecca), I looked up to your truck, because it was one of the nicest. Then you had the HD, and it was an f'n sweet ride aswell. I don't doubt your Cobra will be one of the best looking either. Keep up the good work.

robsL.jpg

Yes, that was his L. Done perfectly with taste... so don't give the man $hit!

1.jpg

2.jpg

My L...

You never know... you might think that those covers look horrible in picture... but I bet in person it cleans up the engine bay nicely. Give the man a break!

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Cool idea, but wrong car. I don't think it belongs on the cobra! It looks a little cheese and its really got no business in there.

dougwg

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: I like them !!!

Originally posted by xtremejc
Thank you sir !!!:beer:

So, how do you like that fat belt??? :thumbsup:

Love the FAT BELT:rockon:

you should take some pic's, do a write up and post it...

03outlaw

Established Member
ROBG

Looks GOOD! Where did you get the chrome pulley cover with the snake? And how much did it cost?

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I shared mine, that they look like crap. I appologize for calling you out on it being rice, but thats how I see it. You are correct, paint, badges, and tint don't help speed. They are something that the car comes with from factory, and helps it look good, and prevent rust (at least the paint part that is) I fail to see how that is the same as intentionally trapping heat in the engine compartment for something that looks like crap.

IF you like them, then enjoy them. Thats all there is to it, when its all said and done, its your car, and YOU have to like it, no one else.

(as for the subs in the trunk.. yeah, duh they are dead weight. Whats the point, they are for daily driver use only, ANY time the car is being used for strictly performance (aka day at track or what have you) they are the first things that come out, followed by the spare and the jack as well....

Just curriuos though, How much does it cost to get these covers?? I am just curruios how much people spend on these things?? if you dont' mind asking and posting it that is.. Wouldn't want to make someone mad again:rollseyes

RobG

Established Member
Re: ROBG

Originally posted by 03outlaw
Looks GOOD! Where did you get the chrome pulley cover with the snake? And how much did it cost?

Classic Design Concepts has them as does MRT for a few bucks less.

Mike,

Thanks dude :rockon:

jcayer,

The covers DON'T TRAP HEAT. Study the three pictures carefully, at no point are the covers SEALED to the blower case. Air & even hot air is free to move around and in between those covers, it won't stay trapped like some kitten hiding from the rain....or whatever :dw:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Re: I like them !!!

Originally posted by xtremejc
Rob:

I think they look great !!!

I guess I am a ricer too...

Metco+X10+and+CF+pieces+%231.jpg

XTREMEJC,

Who makes that air filter shield in CF or what cold air kit is that?

Users who are viewing this thread