Metco Carbon Fiber Engine Covers...

Boosted0range

Established Member
Anyone have these on their cars? if so can you post pics? i just wanted to check them out...first time i saw them when i was browsing their site today...For those of you who have bought them, Likes and dislikes?
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover set, : Metco Motorsports

They have 1 picture of them installed on a cobra, if anyone wishes please post some other angles....

Thanks everyone

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
In looking at the Cobra photos I they look weird. They're not symetrical looking, which to me makes them look odd and out of place in the engine compartment.

keith89

Established Member
I used to have them on my car They don't look that big in person. They cleaned up the sides of the blower real well and it looked much cleaner under the hood. Unfortunately, I had to take them off because I had a custom return fuel system installed. At least now I have some nice Fore rails to look at.

black 10th vert

Established Member
They are ok if you want to clean things up without removing, or relocating the EGR stuff from the side of the blower, but I have to agree with others that they look kind of weird, and asymmetrical.

Boosted0range

Established Member
Well as soon as they get here i'll snap some pics...and like most things im sure i'll keep em for a while and sell em later on lol i just like to try different shit you dont see everyday

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Why would you want to cover up all that awesome beautifulness that is the DOHC supercharged 4.6?
Carbon fiber is cool and all, but it can be taken too far IMO.

Picture041.gif

keith89

Established Member
Why would you want to cover up all that awesome beautifulness that is the DOHC supercharged 4.6?
Carbon fiber is cool and all, but it can be taken too far IMO.

Picture041.gif

It only covers up all the wiring between he valve covers and the blower. Its not as bad on your whipple, because it moves a lot of it behind the blower. The eaton on the other hand, without an egr delete is a rats next. It looks much cleaner with the cf covers.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
If you really want to keep all the EGR stuff, just relocate it to behind the firewall. There's a few threads on how to relocate the entire system (including the boost solenoid and the rest of all that crap) to just under the wiper cowl. I've seen it done where aside from the actual EGR valve itself, have looked just like mine with the EGR still functional.
Just my $.02, but I don't like the look of those engine covers. All of the one's I've seen just look too bulky to me. As specially with a pretty polish Whipple under there.

Boosted0range

Established Member
lol....well....EvilTwins, i got mine the other day, and put it on...and Im not so sure i dont agree with you on that...lol it just looks sorta funny. Idk i'll keeep it on for a little while and see if it grows on me...otherwise i'll just resell em i'll post pics soon

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
Uh I have to agree with evil I don't like it. Why would you wanna cover that anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread