Metco 2.6 upper pulley

5.0 guy

Established Member
Ford did me the favor of swapping my stocker with the 2.6 metco pulley this afternoon, I noticed the pulley is a lot louder at idle, I'm not talking about the whine when under throttle but the actual pulley is louder when the engine is just running. Does anyone else notice this or do I have a problem to be concerned about. :shrug:

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Made no difference in sound on mine,You may want to pull the center plug of the pulley and check for damage.If they hammered it- internal snout damage is possible and would make noise.Good Luck

OsirisGT

Established Member
I noticed a rattle after I ran mine for the 1st time. The bolts were loose. I tightened them up and the noise was gone after that.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Thanks!, i'm headed back to the shop to complete the rest of the stage 3 install. i called Evolution for some tech help and the guy sounded like I was bothering him on the phone, pretty bad concidering how much I just spent on my first purchase with them. I've never used the SCT tuner before and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I also was unsure about the whipple throttle body since there was a tool to crank down the spring on the side without any instrucions. Well we shall see, either way I give them a C- for customer service help, everything with them was great as far as timely delivery and quality of there product though. I'll keep you posted when she's complete today!,fortunately I have a well experienced person helpiing out.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Well the stage 3 is installed, my car just woke up and said hello! Evolutions kit took most of the afternoon to install but what a trick setup! I live at 5800ft in Colorado and the car will spin the rears with the traction control on shifting into third gear, Tuesday the Steeda coil over kit goes on at Ford. Anybody have any ideas of what else should be upgraded besides for the rear control arms? i'll post some picts tonight for those of that want to see how she looks.

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Thanks!, a cat back will complete here other than the cooling upgrades I need to make it a solid runner.

Users who are viewing this thread