Metal/Hard Rock fans

LazyDriver

Established Member
Hey everyone just curious if there's any Metal/Hard Rock fans here, or concert goers I myself love bother genres, and attend a pretty good amount of concerts every few months. It would be sweet to meet some more people with a similar taste in music ! Nothing wrong with rockin' out a bit right?! :dancenana:

Rct851

Established Member
Nothing wrong with it at all. I wear tennis shoes and gym gear for maximum mobility lol. Always leave feeling like I got my ass kicked. Good stuff

LazyDriver

Established Member
Nothing wrong with it at all. I wear tennis shoes and gym gear for maximum mobility lol. Always leave feeling like I got my ass kicked. Good stuff

I know what you mean, I used to always wear pants now I hardly too I think I rather have the mobility and comfyness lol. Those damn mosh pits sure leave you drained and feeling like something is broken or about to break haha

Metalhead since early adolescence. :rockon: (nearly 30 years) Kenn Nardi, who was in a band called Anacrusis put out a good album last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9LFPJ0ty1M

Scar Symmetry is good, and their Holographic Universe album is beyond great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGhRtiBGj4

There ya' go ! Metalhead since my first concert which was Slayer when I was 15, boy was that something else I was hooked right after ! Both of those songs were real cool I liked the symphonic beginning to the first one and the second one the guitar riffs and drumming were pretty sweet!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm a big hard rock fan. I grew up listening to 80's hard rock, and now I tend to veer toward hard rock with blues riffs and melodies. I'm a HUGE fan of Black Stone Cherry. Just went to my 13th BSC show last week.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Lucky to live close to the House of Blues, so I can catch good shows when they come to town. Have VIP tickets for In This Moment in July.

Prototype007

Established Member
I listen to all kinds of music, but metal and hard rock is the favorite!

Listening to Let It All Bleed Out by Rob Zombie as I type this. Looks like Psychosocial by Slipknot is up next!

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I have been a heavy metal/hard rock fan for 33 years. I am 45. Favorite bands Megadeth,Metallica Metal Church,Slayer, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,Pantera,Distrubed, Godsmack, Rob Zombie,Ozzy..Crue etc.

Jaysin

Established Member
Huge Metal/Rock fan here. Listen to it every single day. Some of my favorites are Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead (love Lemmy! lol), Gojira, Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Crowbar, The Sword, Angel Vivaldi, and tons of others! I've been on a Steel Panther binge lately to lol

LazyDriver

Established Member
I'm a big hard rock fan. I grew up listening to 80's hard rock, and now I tend to veer toward hard rock with blues riffs and melodies. I'm a HUGE fan of Black Stone Cherry. Just went to my 13th BSC show last week.

Not too familiar with all there songs but there is a few I know, and 13th show ?! Damn I gotta step it up with my concerts!

I have been a heavy metal/hard rock fan for 33 years. I am 45. Favorite bands Megadeth,Metallica Metal Church,Slayer, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,Pantera,Distrubed, Godsmack, Rob Zombie,Ozzy..Crue etc.

Kickass bands you named ! Especially Pantera it's what got me started! Saw iron maiden last year gotta say probably the best concert I've ever been too up the irons ! :beer:

Can't wait to see AC/DC again in the fall!

Wish I had the chance to see them, they played coachella here but you wouldn't catch me there any year lol. :xpl:

Huge Metal/Rock fan here. Listen to it every single day. Some of my favorites are Metallica, Megadeth, Motorhead (love Lemmy! lol), Gojira, Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Crowbar, The Sword, Angel Vivaldi, and tons of others! I've been on a Steel Panther binge lately to lol

Gojira ? Nice ! Saw them last year they were badass, you can never go wrong with Motörhead haha sweet choice of bands ! :rockon:

SINISTRR

Established Member
Huge Crue fan. Will be seeing them 5x this year, including the last 2 shows in LA in December. That will be close to 40x seeing them since the early 80's.

Radio is always tuned to Octane for my fix of hard rock. So many great new bands that are never played on regular radio.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Interesting, you mention hard rock, that phrase has been around since the late 1960's.

I was born in the 1950's and would never mix or think that metal and hard rock are the same type of music. I guess the generations that followed me think differently.

LazyDriver

Established Member
Huge Crue fan. Will be seeing them 5x this year, including the last 2 shows in LA in December. That will be close to 40x seeing them since the early 80's.

Radio is always tuned to Octane for my fix of hard rock. So many great new bands that are never played on regular radio.

Wow close to 40x times ?! That's crazy, that's a real fan right there never get tired of them!

Interesting, you mention hard rock, that phrase has been around since the late 1960's.

I was born in the 1950's and would never mix or think that metal and hard rock are the same type of music. I guess the generations that followed me think differently.

Oh no I didn't say they were the same, I know the differences between them both and they're big differences , I just mentioned both because metal was influenced by rock and there's metal fans who've discovered it thanks to rock so they tend to go hand in hand.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I like Nickelback.

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

:p

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I like Nickelback.

Pre-2000 they didn't suck...

I'm more of a hard rock guy myself but can respect some metal. I'm pretty pumped for a music festival near Madison in September, 10 bands with the top 4 headliners being Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Stone Temple Pilots and Papa Roach. The "undercard" includes In This Moment and Pop Evil so it should be a good time full of great music.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I love slipknot and stone sour, they're my favorites. Huge AIC fan, breaking Benjamin has good stuff, some zombie, I used to like five finger but lately I'm not liking their stuff.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I just went to welcome to Rockville in Jacksonville. It was awesome. I love thrash metal and all that stuff, death metal too. I go to one or 2 concerts a year when I can work it around work. Slayer is my favorite band as you can tell by the statement under my username. Ive seen them a total of 11 times now I think.

Last edited:

LazyDriver

Established Member
I just went to welcome to Rockville in Jacksonville. It was awesome. I love thrash metal and all that stuff, death metal too. I go to one or 2 concerts a year when I can work it around work. Slayer is my favorite band as you can tell by the statement under my username. Ive seen them a total of 11 times now I think.

Hell yeah ! Love thrash metal and death metal, if only we got paid to go to concerts right haha, Slayer is also up there on my favorites I'm actually gonna see them for the 5th 6th ? Time the 27th of this month for the rockstar mayhem fest, I've met once at a record release signing, went to Jeff hannemans funeral, and lots of other things ... I guess you could say I'm a fan haha :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread