Messed with the wrong viper! Whoops!

badaz5.0

Established Member
Well last night was cruising around town in my 03 sonic blue cobra and came across a 06 dodge viper and it looked stock so I decided to see if he wanted to run! My car has a 2.76 upper, jlt cold air, sct x3 tuner, and a Mac catbac! Never had it dynoed but I'm figuring in the 440 - 450 rwhp range? Well anyway back to the story! I asked him if he wants to run and he says sure but you probably won't stand a chance! Lol. Well I had no idea how my car would do vs a stock viper so I figured he was just being cocky so we hit the interstate and we go from a 60ish roll and he gives me the hit! So I get ready and punch it in third and I immediately hear a sick ass turbo spool up and he starts spinning like crazy! Lol. I stay in it and I'm ahead by like 3 to 4 lengths then he hooks up and about a 145ish he flys past me like I was sitting still! Lol. He had flames shooting out of his exhaust as he went by!

We get off the next exit and pull over to talk and he tells me it's procharged and turboed! And he's making around 850 rwhp! Lol. It was fun I just had no chance in hell! Super nice guy and he was like damn that is a fast ass mustang! And told me I was the fastest car he's ran since owning it! I don't even think he knew what a cobra was but it didn't matter I guess! Lol. Just thought I would share my death since I thought it was a pretty good death! Lol.

badaz5.0

Established Member
I do have a custom tune on from my tuner just not a dyno tune! Lol. It would be a little different if I had a port or whipple! Lo

ModularFan

Established Member
OP. lol j/k

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwnpFwuwF8"]YouTube- Too Soon Junior[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
he was procharged and turboed?

how does that work?

only seen it done once and it was on a twin centri, twin turbo GTR

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
he was procharged and turboed?

how does that work?

only seen it done once and it was on a twin centri, twin turbo GTR

Yeah I bet he bought that car built and doesn't know shit about it, that or he's just full of shit.

That would be such a stupid ass setup, a centri blower and a turbo, :lol::lol:

I could see a roots / turbo compound setup, but even that on a Viper is unnecessary. Viper motors don't need help spooling most turbos unless they're ridiculously sized turbos meant to support 1200rwhp+

tistan

Established Member
Get pics of his setup next time. I think every one here wants to see this tubo procharged setup.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Hey man at least you tried. There is a guy around here with a Viper that I ran twice. When I had my z06 I beat him the first time. My brother was in the car amazed at how the race went. We started at about 35 and by 160 I had a car on him. 4 months later we ran across him. Tried the same race and boy did that Forced Induction sound great walking off from me lol. I never made it to 160, by the time we got to 120 he was about 5 cars in front of me so I just flashed lights and cut gas lol. I miss that car. Sometimes I wish I would have kept it but started having problems with it and the dealers so I let it go.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
Supercharged with 850 seems about right, but a Viper with a turbo only making 850 seems a little strange, but the whole turbo and centri line doesn't make sense to me.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Nice run man....

Supercharged with 850 seems about right, but a Viper with a turbo only making 850 seems a little strange, but the whole turbo and centri line doesn't make sense to me.

/\ agreed!

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Nice death, nothing wrong with losing to a badass car!

Doesn't anyone go from a dig anymore?

Go race your car the way you want and everyone else can race their car the way they want.

Yeah I bet he bought that car built and doesn't know shit about it, that or he's just full of shit.

This is what I was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread