Merry Christmas to Me

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I was saving my squirrel money for a project car but since my Nissan Titan couldn't stop breaking I had to put it towards a down payment on a new truck.
I went back and forth between a Ram 1500/2500 and 2016 Super Duty and 2017 Super Duty and the F150 and decided to be sensible and go with 2016 F150 with the 3.5 EB and Max tow. There was 3 options that were a must, remote start, heated seats, and nav. And living in PA having an aluminum body is a major selling point. The 2017 SD was just way more than I wanted to spend on a truck especially considering I have access to a F650 anytime I need to haul something big. I hope this truck is trouble free and lasts a long time.

Resized_20161226_190107.jpeg
Resized_20161226_205603.jpeg
Resized_20161226_205542.jpeg

Zemedici

Established Member
Looks good - first impressions?

Other than HATING the 'auto turn off' the truck does at stoplights, makes my dad RAGE when his does it. hahaha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Other than HATING the 'auto turn off' the truck does at stoplights, makes my dad RAGE when his does it. hahaha

His 2016 with the 3.5L does not have the auto off feature.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice truck love the looks of the new F-150's congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thanks guys.

First impressions? Hard to say as I only have 70 miles on it. But so far I love it. The ride, the features, and it is deceptively fast for a truck. The Lariat I drove seemed to ride a lot nicer but I chalk rougher ride up to either the max tow pkg or the FX4 pkg. Thankfully it doesn't have the start stop feature as it would drive me nuts as well.
I can't wait to tow with it to see how it handles a trailer. Anybody need anything moved?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

I believe LMS can turn off the auto start/stop feature. That and the increased power/shifting is a win.

Users who are viewing this thread