Memory of what happened before bootcamp (USMC).

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Anyone else have problems remembering things in their life or life in general before they joined the Marines?

I joined back in Jan 2006 and cannot remember 2004-2005 that clearly. I have to look at my resume or photos to remember some parts...

My Monster

Established Member
I can remember some of 88-89...everything changed in August of 89. 20 years flew by and then it was time time to take my toys and go home. Not. A . Single. Regret.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I have very little recollection from 05-08.... but I had just gotten back from my 3rd rotation to the desert and divorced my ex after she cheated on me multiple times. I have talked to a few friends from back then and they say things like- "remember that time..... etc" - and I have no recall. It's kinda scary actually.

Last edited:

usafimj

Established Member
While I'm not in the Marines I don't remember much prior to Dec 2003. Seems like everything was replaced with military jargon and memories of everything I've been through/seen/heard

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Joined the army in august 09. My buddy and I were talking about how we only think of boot camp- forward. I do remember highschool and such but it's almost a feeling of a second life before joining. Can't remember much.

wildman97

Established Member
I joined the Marine Corps in 99, and yes 98 seems like it never happened. Hell even boot camp seemed like one day that was drawn out for over 3 months..

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I joined the Marines right out of highschool in 1999. I remember quite a bit before joining, but I've been in nearly half my life.

Gamble13GT

Established Member
Not much remembered prior to 2001 for me but since I got off the plane and headed to Paris Island, anything that resolves around my time in the Marines and Army.. I remember like it was yesterday in full detail.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Not much remembered prior to 2001 for me but since I got off the plane and headed to Paris Island, anything that resolves around my time in the Marines and Army.. I remember like it was yesterday in full detail.

I remember eating a big ass bbq meal at the airport and getting picked up at the USO by the DI's and wondering how long the bus ride to MCRD San Diego would be. Had no idea it was right next door and that for the next couple months I'd be looking at the planes leaving and wishing I was on one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread