Member needs our help!

T.Bone

Established Member
Brent Coogan was diagnosed with a pre-leukemia disease called Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) about a month ago and since then he has been in and out of Doctors, Hospitals and having all kinds of tests ran on him.

This disease basically causes his blood to produce bad cells that are killing his good cells and his immune system. The doctor said that if he doesn't start treatment he would have full blown Leukemia within weeks. So, with that said he is going to be doing many rounds of chemotherapy.

Brent had to get blood a couple times last week to help fight this and will need to get a bone marrow transplant; he is officially on the bone marrow transplant list and they are going to be testing his sister first. If she is not a match then they will be going to the national transplant list.

So with all this said, Brent and his family could sure use our help since this is not going to be cheap and Brent will not be working for a while.

So if you would like to help out, see the fundraiser information below.

Brent Coogan Leukemia Fundraiser Luncheon

Please join us for a fundraiser luncheon to benefit Brent Coogan and his fight against Leukemia:

Saturday, December 13, 2008
11:00AM until 4:00PM
Allen Park Presbyterian Church
7101 Park Avenue, Allen Park

Ticket Cost: $15.00/each
Children 5 & Under: $5/each
(cost includes fellowship, Italian lunch and beverages - pop, coffee, tea)

· Silent auctions - 11:00AM - 3:00PM
· Various raffles - 11:00AM - 4:00PM
· Back Sale - 11:00AM - 4:00PM (bring your sweet tooth!)

Official flyer: http://www.motorcityterminators.org/downloads/files/Fundraiser Flyer _1.PDF

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Brent, I wish you the best. Prayers go out to you and your family.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
The wife and I plan to be there. Get well soon Brent!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
damn it :(

I'll be attending the luncheon and will enlist everyone I know to pray against this illness and for the strength of you and your family.

Modern medicine is amazing and now that you have a diagnosis, they can get to work

Hang in there!

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Thanks everyone for everything....this means more than you can imagine to me and my family. Chemo starts again next week until they get the results on if my sister is a bone marrow match. If not it will be a bit longer because they have to search the national registry which they belive they will have no problems finding mulitiple matches. I am very positive during this time and sounds like the doctors are as well. I can't wait to drive my car again....or any car for that fact :)

Thanks again everyone.

quad

Established Member
Brent,

Best of luck with your therapy. I hope it goes well and you will be back wrenching on your Cobra in no time!

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Brent
Sorry to hear about this.
Take away all you can from the situation.
I'm sure it will bring you, your family, and friends closer.

I pray for you and your family.

JP

Blue03

Established Member
Brent, you also have my best wishes. I am planning to attend the fundraiser. Hang in there man!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Stay tuff Brent!!...been thinkin bout ya Bro.

T-Bone, can you post up or IM me where I can send a donation?

Thanks

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Well, Wednesday was the best day of my life as far as my disease goes. They found a 100% perfect bone marrow donor match. They need to contact them to set up times, but looks like my tentative start date in the hospital is December 4th and my transplant will be on the 11th. From what I am reading it is not going to be an easy road with all the potential complications, but I am ready as can be to start on my road to recovery. Who knows, maybe I won't have any complications and this will be easier on me than I thought, but I am not expecting that one bit. Anyways, just thought I would fill you in on my updates. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread