Mello-heinemann/moroso tank

redrockett

Established Member
Does anyone else have one of "The Tanks" ordered for their Shelby? I ordered one from Lethal Performance on July 27th and was told it could be 3 to 5 weeks before I would get it. Tomorrow will be 25 weeks and I still do not have it. GOTSVT? told me it has been a lenghty process transitioning to Moroso but that's about all he said. Lethal Performance just says I will let you know something as soon as we know. I just want to know if I am the only one that has been waiting this long and if anyone else has heard when they might ship. I am trying to hold out because I love the tank but want to get my car done before too much longer. Thanks for any input!

2nd2none

Established Member
I ordered it from Lethal November 7th. Received a call from John the next day explaining how Moroso now makes those tanks but they were still making it. I was told they would be test fitting a tank that week and then they would be good to go if the fit was good. I said go ahead and keep my order in if it was only going to take a week or 2. 2 months went by and I finally had enough waiting and just had them refund my credit card. I was told at that time that they were finishing welding up the tanks but still needed to get them sent out for powdercoating. This was about 10 days ago.

redrockett

Established Member
I ordered it from Lethal November 7th. Received a call from John the next day explaining how Moroso now makes those tanks but they were still making it. I was told they would be test fitting a tank that week and then they would be good to go if the fit was good. I said go ahead and keep my order in if it was only going to take a week or 2. 2 months went by and I finally had enough waiting and just had them refund my credit card. I was told at that time that they were finishing welding up the tanks but still needed to get them sent out for powdercoating. This was about 10 days ago.

Thank you very much for the response. The last I heard they had test fit and should ship soon but that was a couple months ago. I might wait a little longer but at least I know I am not alone. Thanks again!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Wow I didn't heard that Moroso bought jakes design. I haven't heard from him in a bit.

I have "the tank" and I love it

redrockett

Established Member
Wow I didn't heard that Moroso bought jakes design. I haven't heard from him in a bit.

I have "the tank" and I love it

I am not sure if they bought him out completely or if it's a joint thing. They said the looks would be the same but the way it mounts was being redesigned. I just hope it ships soon!! If not I will just powdercoat my True Forged and Moroso tanks. I like that single tank appearance though!!

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Redrockett and others,

I'm truly sorry for the delay with The Tank. It's definitely been a lengthy process but should finally pay off shortly. We did indeed test a tank on our car an it fit and looked great. The last I heard was that the tanks were welded and pressure tested and had been sent off to powdercoating. I'll follow up with my Moroso rep tomorrow and post another update once I speak with him.

I understand that it's been a long time and commend everyone on their patience. Please understand that Lethal Performance only distributes this product. The logistics between Jake, Bill and Moroso as well as the production of the tanks is out of our control. We have been doing our best to keep everyone in the loop and updated but rely on others to give us that info. So as far as timeframes go we're only passing along what we're told.

Nonetheless I appreciate everyone's understanding and if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks,
Jared

fastpny

Established Member
Send me the first one available please! I ordered mine in April of 2012. XL on that free
t-shirt ;) This has truly tested my patience but Im really thinking it will be worth the wait.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm being told by Moroso that they will have the tanks back from powdercoat on Tuesday of next week. Once they arrive at Moroso they'll be inspected and packed for shipping.

All orders will ship direct from Moroso to the customer and tracking will be available once they ship.

With that said I expect to see all orders ship by Wednesday of next week. If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

Thanks again for your patience and have a great weekend.

Jared

redrockett

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys! I am sure it is going to be worth the wait!! Thanks again for the update!

I'm being told by Moroso that they will have the tanks back from powdercoat on Tuesday of next week. Once they arrive at Moroso they'll be inspected and packed for shipping.

All orders will ship direct from Moroso to the customer and tracking will be available once they ship.

With that said I expect to see all orders ship by Wednesday of next week. If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

Jared

Redrockett and others,

I'm truly sorry for the delay with The Tank. It's definitely been a lengthy process but should finally pay off shortly. We did indeed test a tank on our car an it fit and looked great. The last I heard was that the tanks were welded and pressure tested and had been sent off to powdercoating. I'll follow up with my Moroso rep tomorrow and post another update once I speak with him.

I understand that it's been a long time and commend everyone on their patience. Please understand that Lethal Performance only distributes this product. The logistics between Jake, Bill and Moroso as well as the production of the tanks is out of our control. We have been doing our best to keep everyone in the loop and updated but rely on others to give us that info. So as far as timeframes go we're only passing along what we're told.

Nonetheless I appreciate everyone's understanding and if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks,
Jared

fastpny

Established Member

Jared

Still shipping out tomorrow?

br549

Established Member
call canton or Moroso direct and order one. they'll talk with you and take your money.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Please "school me" here. Why would anyone opt for a metal tank for cooling purposes, given the heat dissipation properties of metal versus plastic? Purely aesthetics, I assume?

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Kenneth

Established Member
Please "school me" here. Why would anyone opt for a metal tank for cooling purposes, given the heat dissipation properties of metal versus plastic? Purely aesthetics, I assume?

Looks is the main reason I bought mine.
I can also pack the intercooler section with ice if chose to.

Dennis75

Established Member
Plastic vs metal

Thanks, I was going to ask the question but you answered it. I also like to see the condition of the coolant.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Looks play a majority in it, as well as the added fluid capacity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread