Meeting women in an unusual ways. Your story!

Bad Chariot

Established Member
I got back into the dating world about 18mths ago, did the typical dating site stuff. About 4-5 mths ago I was dating someone and I was talking with an old classmate on FB and this very pretty girl started commenting on my responses. So it became a little game for us to talk. So when the relationship I was in went south I made the move on this girl. She was totally into me.

All goes good, we date for 2 mths then she went all loopy on me. Meanwhile this is where it gets odd. I get a PM on FB from an old college colleague (we were coworkers), she sends me a note to see how I am doing with my divorce and she is going thru one too. So We exchange some notes I tell her about the girl I was dating in one then 2 hrs later I get dumped. So the college friend says "well that is too bad, how about you and I go out on a date?".

I am not even single for 30 mins!!!!! This was just last week and we have no gone out yet (I was out of town this week). Why is it easier to pick up girls at 40 then it was in my 20's?

So whats your story?

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
40's = intelligent, confident, realistic WOMAN.
20's = stupid, insecure, greedy, etc GIRL.

That being said, I got asked out by a stripper one time after spending 45 minutes talking cars with her. She drove an Electric Green '99 Cobra vert. And she didn't baby it either... She was a blast and fun to hang out with, but she lived a life style that I wasn't entirely comfortable with. We still talk as friends and she's settled down now.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I met this girl on a trip to Europe, right out of High School. We hit it off immediately. As the trip went on, we kept seeing each other in country after country. Neither of us wanted to ask where the other one lived, because we knew it would be Texas/Montana distance kind of thing. Finally we decided to tell each other where we lived. She lived twenty miles away from me. We got married.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I don't meet many woman..........

Usually at a class in college when I was going to school or at work no big story there haha

KILRSVT

Established Member
Wow James know that's a great story!! What a way to find your lucky lady. I agree with the post above you get older it's easier to communicate with the opposite sex more mature and more confident.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
In Germany for spinal surgery after being flown from Iraq. There was a Fest (imagine that). We met over beer and bratwurst, became friends and that flourished into a commitment. 2 kids and 6 years later we still like our beer and brats!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I met this girl on a trip to Europe, right out of High School. We hit it off immediately. As the trip went on, we kept seeing each other in country after country. Neither of us wanted to ask where the other one lived, because we knew it would be Texas/Montana distance kind of thing. Finally we decided to tell each other where we lived. She lived twenty miles away from me. We got married.

yet you can't remember the DAY you got married!!! :loser: (How DID that turn out BTW)?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Can't meet women.

I live in a hotel because Of work.

The minute I tell them I live in a hotel they get weirded out

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
June 24th. I found it in the wedding pictures album. I couldn't remember the day, but I remembered exactly where the wedding pictures were even though I haven't looked at them since 1989. Go figure.

I still have two days to figure something out to knock her socks off and dig myself out of the hole. I've worked with less chances of success than these.

But I may have to resort to kittens. As in "Honey, look, I found these two kittens abandoned on the side of the road! Think we can give them a home?"

Whatever it takes.

yet you can't remember the DAY you got married!!! :loser: (How DID that turn out BTW)?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
my wife ran over my foot at a grocery store.

i was mad, but she was cute, so i asked if she wanted to go to hudsons.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
June 24th. I found it in the wedding pictures album. I couldn't remember the day, but I remembered exactly where the wedding pictures were even though I haven't looked at them since 1989. Go figure.

I still have two days to figure something out to knock her socks off and dig myself out of the hole. I've worked with less chances of success than these.

But I may have to resort to kittens. As in "Honey, look, I found these two kittens abandoned on the side of the road! Think we can give them a home?"

Whatever it takes.

Get her a lifetime subscription to SCIENCE magazine, that will knock her socks off!

zpstang96

Established Member
Met the ex on a two-week trip in the woods. Met almost every other girl at college, don't remember half of 'em :rolling:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I saw my gf as a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding and I couldn't take my eyes off her, and I noticed she was looking at me also. Later on that night I was standing by the dance floor with a drink in my hand about to finish it when I saw her dancing so I was gonna go dance with her. She saw me as well and came over and as she was dancing her dress fell down lol. We laughed about it and o talked a little but never got her number because she had a bf at the time.

Tried finding her on Facebook but nothing and the people I knew that knew her wouldn't give me her number for some reason. Basically from online stalking I found her old MySpace page of all things and sent a random message. A week later she responded back and we were pretty much together at that point.

CowlHood

Established Member
I actually met my girlfriend on black ops 2 back in november.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
The last three "normal" women I've met have been at the grocery store.
I guess that's about the most non threatening environment there is these days.
I keep dreaming about meeting one at a machine shop or fabricators.
That would be great!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I made a deal with a professor to improve a grade that required I see a campus tutor. I had no intention of learning anything new and brought an attractive blonde to the first session. I was expecting something from the lagoon waiting for me. I stepped into the cubicle and was sort of taken aback by how attractive the tutor was, she had bright green eyes which was another 10 points. I tried to block the other girl from walking in behind me, I was going to say "ok, I'll see you in 40 minutes" haha. That didn't go as planned though. After that I had 2 more sessions before the semester was over and I worked it pretty well. I've been with her for over 4 years now, great girl.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread