Medusa Version 3.0 (New Build)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So last week I got to thinking more about my fuel system and how it's not going to be adequate enough to fuel the power I'm going to be making.. New plan for the fuel system

ID1000's I just bought are sold
ID1300's are in order

Selling my BAP w/ A1000 for a Weldon Pump.. That should do the trick I think. Lines are -8 feed and return so plenty there :D

SVTPete83

Established Member
How much u want for the 1000? I am thinking this plus a pickup tube and I would probably have enough fuel going on.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I hate to see threads like this
I'm on my 3rd motor in the cobra
First one died due to lack off cooling and top end runs
Second one was rebuilt by a local shop in md that claimed they knew what they were doing and I heard good things about them and knew of the failure and still ****ED UP majorly and used the old oil cooler with METAL SHAVINGS in it and it died an hour after my dyno session
It was starting to seize up on the dyno
Now I'm going turbo a built mmr 1000 4.75 stroker Im hoping this time it's a success or I will sell the car and get a lotus or some vette
I poured my savings into this car
I have waited a year for it to be back on the road and its not
Wish you luck and keep us updated

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I thought this rebuild was not so power minded but getting the car super reliable to cart the kids around in. and yet you're getting greedy with the power goals? care to comment Chris? (imitation of your conscience voice)

SVTPete83

Established Member
I thought this rebuild was not so power minded but getting the car super reliable to cart the kids around in. and yet you're getting greedy with the power goals? care to comment Chris? (imitation of your conscience voice)

Haha! Every build starts with reliability in mind. Then the greed begins! Go for the best of both worlds Chris!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
How much u want for the 1000? I am thinking this plus a pickup tube and I would probably have enough fuel going on.

Call up Drew and ask him.. He said he had a potential buyer for them.. IF you want them call him up :)

I hate to see threads like this
I'm on my 3rd motor in the cobra
First one died due to lack off cooling and top end runs
Second one was rebuilt by a local shop in md that claimed they knew what they were doing and I heard good things about them and knew of the failure and still ****ED UP majorly and used the old oil cooler with METAL SHAVINGS in it and it died an hour after my dyno session
It was starting to seize up on the dyno
Now I'm going turbo a built mmr 1000 4.75 stroker Im hoping this time it's a success or I will sell the car and get a lotus or some vette
I poured my savings into this car
I have waited a year for it to be back on the road and its not
Wish you luck and keep us updated

It does suck but honestly it was going to take 3 motors for the most part to figure out before we looked at the computer issue.. I'm glad that we found it and that I'm going with a FAST setup.. I"m sorry to hear about your trouble and I hope that you can get the car back up and running! :beer:

It wasn't power minded. It still isn't.. It's just a realization of me and the builder and tuner talking about what my car is going to be making. I'll detune it for sure either way. BUT there is other things in the works and other sources that want my car making more power lol.

Haha! Every build starts with reliability in mind. Then the greed begins! Go for the best of both worlds Chris!

I'm not getting greedy. The car will be detuned as much as possible. But like I said there are now other sources that will help in getting me to my ultimate goal with the car, and then I'll detune the shit out of it. :beer:

How are ID1000's not going to be enough? People have made like 1000rwhp on those on E85...

People that make that much power bump the base pressure.. Something that I don't want to do :).

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nothing really to new.. Heads should be back this week, and we're waiting on pistons to arrive :)

04mach17

Established Member
I didn't read all replies but how did Shaun not see the car running lean with the dyno wideband? Do you not have a wideband in the car? If it were me, I would have a wideband on the problem exhaust side and you will never blow a motor. That way you will catch it in time

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I didn't read all replies but how did Shaun not see the car running lean with the dyno wideband? Do you not have a wideband in the car? If it were me, I would have a wideband on the problem exhaust side and you will never blow a motor. That way you will catch it in time

It's a inner mitten issue.. It never showed on the dyno or it would have been caught.. Car did not have a wideband.. Nor would we have known what side it would have happened on. you think a wideband would have helped as I'm accelerating to 140mph? I can tell you right now I don't pay shit attention to gauges when I'm racing, I pay attention to what's ahead of me.. So no it wouldn't have really helped in that case.. Plus that's a band aid. The computer system is ****ed so I'm replacing it.. No more issues..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Update to this:

Heads, Cams, Pistons, pins, rings, secondary chains/tensioner, cam bolts, and hardware will all be here end of next week.

Sumped tank, and A1000, and BAP are sold..

Ordering up a BBRC tank, and Weldon fuel pump Monday.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
It's a inner mitten issue.. It never showed on the dyno or it would have been caught.. Car did not have a wideband.. Nor would we have known what side it would have happened on. you think a wideband would have helped as I'm accelerating to 140mph? I can tell you right now I don't pay shit attention to gauges when I'm racing, I pay attention to what's ahead of me.. So no it wouldn't have really helped in that case.. Plus that's a band aid. The computer system is ****ed so I'm replacing it.. No more issues..

Would that JMS Vampire System be something that could've prevented this or next time?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Would that JMS Vampire System be something that could've prevented this or next time?

In theory it would have, but again the computer system was ****ed on my car.. So it's just putting a band aid on the real issue which is the computer. But to answer your question it should have been able to save it so to speak.

SVTPete83

Established Member

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That and getting it ready to handle any power I want to throw at it.. My current setup needs some new clutch packs.. So I'm just gunna my rear ends setup.. EATON Posi, Superior 31 spline C-clip axles... I'll probably buy new clutch packs for it and sell it as a complete setup. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread