Me vs 04 Cobra and Vortech 350Z

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
Stangfreek said:
Not weird at all...that's a perfect illustration of power under the curve. The power band on the LS1 is much broader than that of a smaller motor relying on rpm based forced induction.

Exactly. Peak horsepower is a misleading figure. Imagine a powerband that looks like a rainbow or steep mountain on a dyno graph vs. one that looks like a ramp that kind of levels off at the top before the high RPM cut off. This shows horsepower (and tourque especially on a V8) that is being used throughout the RPM range. A steady pull. Much better use of power.

Zentenk

Established Member
350Zdyno.jpg

His says 57F I believe.. Peak power #'s are misleading. =D
vs

IMG_0475.jpg

Mine says 99F

It was nice evening around 70F as iczar1 said... ;)

My cam is Lunati/MTI T1 cam (224/222 .567 112LSA)

Last edited:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
OdessitPashka said:
3. 400whp Z couldn't pull you from a roll when you have less power and more weight? That's a little weird too.

It's the terrible torque numbers that you get with a supercharged Z.. If you're going to dump that much money into some type of FI type you might as well just get the JWT, Greddy, or APS twin turbo kit.

That car would of put up a much better fight then.

OdessitPashka

Established Member
Stangfreek said:
Not weird at all...that's a perfect illustration of power under the curve. The power band on the LS1 is much broader than that of a smaller motor relying on rpm based forced induction.

I know all about power under the curve, but I'd still think that lighter car with more power would pull LS1.

Users who are viewing this thread